John Bercow defies Eurosceptics with vow to stay on as Speaker

To Blather “the action of talking long-windedly without making very much sense”. Sorry Paul my post are very short. Give it a go.

My last post does mention Committee!?

1 Like

Yes but you confusingly referred to commission in your previous post.

and again in a yet earlier post

I presume you meant committee in these earlier posts, but you said commission twice.

breathing, if I read Torcaz right :grin:

4 Likes

Yes Breathing, thanks for the input Graham.

All i have tried to point out that not all remain supporters are great human beings and all leave supporters are evil human beings. I don’t believe John Bercow is either just pointing out that 8 months ago Maria Miller thought he should stand down. I think its a very interesting subject how peoples moral compass is now guided by if you are a remain/leaver.

1 Like

“Yes, Breathing…” @anon69921496

How come your own moral compass guides you in the direction of asphyxiating John Bercow, Torre? :thinking:

I think it’s just a bit of bluster on your part, but maybe you could check your pointer is still seated on its fulcrum? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The first two sentences of your most recent comment were fair and reasonable though. That’s the value of discussion amongst pals! :hugs:

Afternoon Peter, I have said in another post i do enjoy John Bercow as speaker his “OOOORDER” shouting is excellent. I don’t have any moral judgement on him, I was just highlighting some people are happy to call him a “Good man” just because he leans to remain and would have a different view if he leaned Leave.

I do wonder sometimes why i post on here ( i know some wish i wouldn’t) but then how boring would it be if all you remainers didn’t have someone annoying you .:japanese_ogre:

Your original post in this thread did not read as though you had “no moral judgement” - in fact quite the opposite.

It’s always difficult in a purely written medium but the rhetorical, passive-aggressive “but that’s OK” suggested it was anything but and your 2nd sentence seemed positively dripping with sarcasm given the exploding head emoji - again suggesting that you thought that he was the complete antithesis of a good bloke (and that remainers in general were anything other than good blokes).

Because you like trolling? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is one very sweeping statement over which you have no evidence to back you up.
JB may not be to everyone’s taste but one thing is certain - he passionately believes in the sovereignty of parliament and will defend the right of back benchers to express their view in the face of a government hell bent on shutting them up - so much for ‘taking back control’ and ‘democracy’.
For all his other ‘foibles’ he is championing the voice of democracy and is bringing a welcome sensibility to an otherwise totally screwed up place of debate.

7 Likes

Please keep posting Torre - as you say how boring it would be if everyone agreed with you or @anon88169868 God forbid. Calling you a Troll for expressing an opinion is a bit much though and does tend to prove the point you were trying to make. IMO.

4 Likes

Yes, do keep posting, don’t mind a healthy discussion. :slight_smile:

But honestly Dan - I do wonder whether Torcaz likes to stir things up a bit just to get a reaction.

1 Like

“Trolling” i don’t think so.

@anon69921496 … you should know by now what happens when you play in the"Remainer’s" cabbage patch. If you are happy with the result then great …

ooops too many dots too :wink: ( and O’s … garden O’s)

1 Like

Thanks Dan, i appreciate your support. I promise all i was trying to do was show how some people generally who lean remain are blinded by there own self-righteousness.

[quote=“Torcaz, post:34, topic:25909, full:true”] I promise all i was trying to do was show how some people generally who lean remain are blinded by there own self-righteousness.
[/quote]

Torre old chap! Isn’t it fair to suggest that in saying “remainers are blinded by their own self-righteousness” you might err … be tarring yourself with the same brush? :thinking:

Of self-righteousness? :smiley:

Maybe ‘a trip to Specsavers’ is in order? :sunglasses:

1 Like

You’re not really debating your point though, short posts (which you seem to consider a virtue) are likely to be short on reasoned argument and long on provocation.

I pointed out that, although there are allegations of bullying against Bercow they haven’t been proven (as far as I know) and the call for him to step down was made by someone with, arguably, a political axe to grind. I don’t think he’s a decent bloke because of my “own self-righteousness” - I lean to the view that he recognises that many on the Leave side talk grandly about parliamentary sovereignty when they want anything but and his job is to ensure that parliament is sovereign, even if it means ruffling some feathers.

i don’t think you’ve really answered that.

1 Like

Peter you are leaving out 1 word “some” if you are going to quote me please do not cherry pick.

OK you’re right, but I did set out your quote in full, and even tarring some remainers as self-righteous is still a bit self-righteous, IMO.

Let’s not wind each other up, and call it a no-score draw before we get a slow hand-clap? :joy:

1 Like

No i haven’t i guess you better ask Maria Miller how she came to that conclusion i am just highlighting an on subject BBC article that goes against calling John bercow a “good man”.

Sigh - so, like too many people these days, you got as far as the headline and no further.

Where, in the first two posts (since you barged in at post 3) was he called a good man?