Johnson left his worst PMQs of the year to the last

Even though it was identified in September, a spad in no 10 likely came up with the term “mutant virus” at the weekend to take everyone’s eye off the upcoming Brexit debacle. Various countries are now calling their bluff. If true, they should close their borders to Brits. If not, why not close them anyway.

1 Like

What should they do Eddie, wait and see? Johnson and Hancock have hyped this up and sensible Governments are taking 48 hours to see if there’s any substance behind it,

There may well be be but as I point our above the UK authorities aren’t saying there is yet but Johnson and Hancock are blaming it exclusively for their loss of control.

My basic point is that they have latched on to it with indecent haste.

Are you sure he hasn’t already led the UK over the cliff?
IMHO, they’ve gone over, it’s just that they haven’t hit the jagged rocks at the bottom yet.

So the EU governments won’t have experts who have been following this and advising their people from the beginning? They won’t have been discussing it at top level?
If they had done nothing and in a few weeks the hospitals had been overwhelmed,people dying in hundreds etc, you would all have sat there and said ‘ the government should have acted sooner ‘. They government have not dealt with Coronavirus well ,and I am no fan but you cannot say they have reacted with undue haste to the new variant

No-one seems to have noticed the comment made by KS about the 40K pay rise for Cummings… Is he still working for Doris then and his departure weeks ago was all bluff?

1 Like

Clear and detailed factual update

3 Likes

Until the 1st january he’s “working at home”. His contract ends then.

1 Like

Yup, still running the country from home with an extra 40K tucked up in the bank :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

and the pay freeze for the emergency services…yes and I also noticed that Johnson appeared to find it funny when KS referred to Cumming’s pay rise not being ‘performance related’. How he has the audacity to find anything amusing at the moment is an absolute disgrace

4 Likes

To be honest I never noticed any difference… he never answered any questions put to him, answered with a Drivel question, blustered, poked fun and if in doubt just lied, just his normal PMQ.

1 Like

Sorry Eddie, I may have been unclear. What I’m suggesting is:

1 With or without a new strain Johnson and Hancock had lost control of the virus.
2 Johnson had marched himself up to the top of the hill at Wednesday’s PMQs.
3 When the idiot realised that on Friday he needed an excuse for the mother of all U turns.
4 On Friday there was also a discussion about a new strain which may or may not be more transmissible.
5 Johnson decided to use that as the excuse for his U turn, and it was blasted out to the media. Hancock even said the “new strain was out of control” as if the old strain wasn’t. Pure spin IMO.
6 Johnson’s media hype worked insofar as it spooked Europe and elsewhere.
7 Many countries, very wisely, have shut their borders to the UK until more is known, one way or the other.
8 Johnson says “bugger me, I didn’t see that coming”

Boris Johnson didn’t know about the new strain last Wednesday (or else he was lying to Parliament) so there were no “top level” discussions in the UK. Britain has left the EU so they don’t have a seat at EU “top level” discussions anymore.

I’m sure the EU is constantly monitoring for new strains and has already identified several. Had they been aware of this new UK strain and its supposedly 70% transmissibility increase I’m sure they would have taken action before now, not the great panic we have just seen.

All the above could just be the product of my fevered brain, but its roots are in the fact that I wouldn’t trust that Bastard Johnson as far as I could throw him and the chain of events look logical to me. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I would not touch him, never mind lift him to throw him, now idea what you would catch :wink:

Thanks I do understand what you were saying better now,

1 Like

Excellent Michael, thanks.

I can be a bit cryptic.

Another bung to his mates… the difference being this one is probably to shut the tosser up - he knows where the skeletons are :wink:

Cases of this strain have been found in Denmark and one another country, presumably imported from UK.
It is quite obvious that there has either had to have been mass flagrant ignoring of the regulations or something else was at work.
The identification of this new strain has been shared with scientists and epidemiologists worldwide.
I find it disturbing that, whilst it is perfectly ok to have concerns about Boris, you would take that disquiet to not believing the evidence from people who really do have the health of the nation at heart.

1 Like

New York Times today has an article which includes an alleged timeline of comms about the new variant; it suggests that (of course) Johnson wasn’t briefed, didn’t pay attention, did indeed lie, and has made terrible decisions throughout this recent episode (emblematic of his life).
I suggest all of the above, except for not being briefed. The apparatus of the state is doing its best, but can’t compete with willful incompetence and psychopathic political games.

https://nyti.ms/3rejG58

3 Likes

No-one knows - the UK cases concentrate in Kent which would be the pattern had it been imported from the continent rather than the other way around.

If it turns out there is very little of this variant in circulation in Northern Europe it makes it much more likely that it originated in the UK (where, of course the finger is pointing at the moment) - I think we’re only talking about a few thousand cases here though so it is a bit of a way from dominance (or explaining the general increase in cases).

2 Likes

You know Ray, I find the build up of trucks at the ports pretty scary. I was trying to imagine what would be said at the Cobra meeting. What’s the solution? It’s really the time for a smart, strong, decisive and trusted leader. But it’s Johnson, a joker, and his 3rd rate cabinet. I really, really hope I’m wrong but IMO this could become very unpleasant, very quickly. That’s what I thought back in March but I mellowed as the year went on but now I’m very concerned again.