Just joined........hello!

Hi, I’m new to this group. I just moved to France 2 months ago. I work for Berlitz Paris and need to find a new apartment for January. Are there any contacts on here who can help? Thanks, Andy

1 Like

Hello Andy

Have you tried Leboncoin? Link below.

Good luck with your search.

https://www.leboncoin.fr/

Hello Adrian

I live on the Creuse/Indre borders and in fact Aigurande is the little town where I have my doctor and do most of my shopping.
It has most things that I need and if I have to go further afield ( to the station or a bigger DIY shop) then Châteauroux ( around 60 kms from me) is the ‘city’.
I believe that for a 6 month stay you will be covered for your car, health etc; by the UK system. Any longer than 6 months then beware of the Gendarmes knocking on the door politely asking if you intend to register your car here , that did happen to us!
Where I live (12kms from Aigurande) the Mayor is very dynamic and has put a lot of good ideas into practise. We have a newly built baker’s, and 2 other business’ are to be opened next year. The local school is well populated with youngsters as we have some good priced modern homes for young families that have been built.
I live about 5kms away from the centre of our village in a really rural spot, very calm with undulating scenery and lots of space + cows and sheep.
We don’t get many tourists here, so in Summer we stay locally to avoid the crowds and take advantage of the many lovely walks. We travel all over France in the off season as the rates are so much better.
House prices here are very good but the winters can be long, wet and cold ,so maybe a bit further south for that reason, although of course you will get less for your money and may have problems with summer tourists. My ideal would be to stay here for most of the year and then travel in Asia for 3 of the winter months, much cheaper than electricity and fuel costs I pay and great for the morale too!
One little word of caution, do be careful that you don’t buy something too isolated. In an emergency vital minutes can be lost in locating a property ‘out in the sticks and away from it all’ !
There are so many lovely regions of France to choose from, I wish you well in your search and for your future here in ‘la belle France’ :slight_smile: