Just when you think you have gotten rid of him

He is joining his creepy slimy pal on TV :nauseated_face::roll_eyes:

Boris Johnson: Former prime minister to host GB News show

Maybe he has found his true calling

2 Likes

It was inevitable really.

Never watched it anyway :smiley:

1 Like

Given the rumours that Murdoch wants to merge his Talk TV with GB News are getting louder and to a stage where something will either be announced or scrapped, it doesn’t surprise me at all to see this. Boris is a Murdoch loyalist and the potential merger was assumed to be the reason GBN finally acted and dumped some of the… swively-eyest (yes, I know, but it reads quite comically) of the talking head lunatics with both channels beefing up the journalistic experience of their hosts (and of course the MPs as hosts, incompetent without exception both as MPs and TV hosts), adding at least a modicum more gravitas than ‘the sidekick to TV’s Lewis’ and ‘Bloke who play-acts as a deacon so he can wear the outfit’

Doesn’t bring him back into my life in any way, thankfully.

5 Likes

Nor mine :grin:

2 Likes

I tried watching this news station this week. Lasted only ten mins with such awful up their own backsides presenters, smug opinions, anti-EU retoric and just generally uncomfortable viewing compared to Sky and the BBC which are not brilliant but far better than this shower.

I haven’t watched it, but given the presenters your assessment doesn’t surprise me.

I just can’t bring myself to try watching it, when you know the dickheads that are involved you know it’s just going to be trash sensational TV.

3 Likes

That makes three of us.

However quite a large number of people seem to be willing to engage with claims of a “monthly reach” of 3.7 million in May 2023, which is quite worrying (though I did see somewhere that the average time each viewer spends on the channel is barely a stop off while channel surfing).

I don’t think it should be ignored though - viewing figures seem to be slowly growing - and there are plenty of people ready and willing to listen to an extreme right wing message, as we saw with Brexit.

2 Likes

Did I read somewhere Murdoch wants to merge something with it :thinking:

Talk TV with GB News.

1 Like

Sounds like BBC etc in enverse :joy::joy::joy:

Have we gone American? “Gotten” :wink:

Embrace all cultures :wink: we are in France after all, Obtenu :yum:

1 Like

It’s not an American word though. It’s spoken in some Lancashire dialects. I heard it often as a child and it was definitely part of the dialect. It was originally much more common in plain English.

They’re no longer in any position to affect your life in any way, they’re on one easy to avoid news channel and yet they’re still living rent free in your heads.

Print out a photo of them, throw darts at it, destroy it with cleansing fire and never think of them again.

And hopefully never will be again :flushed::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

@hairbear
I am aware that it used to be in common usage some time back but it’s more generally associated with American speech now.
I trust you spotted the emoji.