Kevin........ and Keith!

Was amused watching Avoidance the other night and Romesh saying to his boss how the name Keith is dying, because who would call a baby Keith (bosses name Keith of course!). Cue yesterday finding out my sister is expecting a little boy after 2 girls. Of course I’ve nicknamed him Keith for the duration :rofl: . I then read this this morning about Kevin (yes yes I’m a Guardian reader :rofl: )

What other names would you be happy to see slide into history?

1 Like

I think Albert could go.

1 Like

Boris

3 Likes

Interesting backstory on class concepts and names. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Vladimir definitely for the chopping block

2 Likes

Its so subjective isn’t it ?
I don’t like the name Archie .because it was the name of my( deceased before I was born) grandfather who was always spoken of in hushed terms and remembered by dusty old photos in my childhood.My grandmother was called Lilian(usually Lil or Lily)so I wasn’t keen on that either .
I had my children in France just after the Kevin boom and had many a chuckle at first.I would have loved to call my eldest Harry but husband associated the name with an old man who used to spit in our local London pub and being French said the kids would call him “haricot”(This was before Harry Potter of course)

1 Like

RIP the little Archie that has just died hat a handsome little boy he was.His poor parents

1 Like

2 of my grandchildren are called Xavier and Kerenza respectively. My son, of course, is a David, and my daughter, Wendy. :rofl:

1 Like

The English builder who I worked with when I first moved is a Keith and the French can’t say any word with ‘th’ on the end so everyone called him Eric which was his second name.

1 Like

I also nominate Edith which was the name of my horrible aunt.