Kidz Breakfast?

I have just lifted this directly off the BBC blog. I watched the vid and found it gross. I have put on some belly since breaking my shoulder, not weight though, because I am getting less exercise, walking dogs properly and all of the rest of the things that normally keep me trim. People know that this is totally unhealthy, so why do they do it? I also think it is beginning to happen here from what I have seen when I have been near MacDo and its irksome ilk. Not right is it? Have a look on the Beeb blog and feel like throwing up.

'As part of his investigation into why British people are on average nearly three stone (24kg) heavier than 50 years ago, Jacques Peretti attempts to eat what is thought to be one of Britain's biggest fried breakfasts.

A reflection of the rise in popularity of super-sizing food, Jester's diner in Great Yarmouth serves a breakfast that includes 8 eggs, 12 rashers of bacon, 12 sausages, potatoes, mushrooms, hash browns, black pudding, beans and 12 slices of bread.

It is called the "Challenge Kidz Breakfast" because it weighs the same as a small child, around 9lbs.

The second episode of The Men Who Made Us Fat is broadcast on BBC Two at 21:00 BST on Thursday 21 June. Or watch again via iPlayer (UK only). Jacques Peretti's article about internal fat can be read on the BBC TV blog.'

Just read some other reports and the guy who ate one completely is not going to live a long life no matter what his 'technique'. Really gross.

Heading out on the 6th July, but thanks for the tips.

As it happens, and I do not like fry-ups anyway, yesterday we had lunch at a place we know the proprietors, took the set menu. After the customary foie gras starter, the main dish had bacon, goose fat, fried potatoes in it tooped with a fried egg. Being 'friends' we got a larger portion than other punters. To quote Catharine: yeurch! I am still trying to get the last bit of the after taste off my palate. To do a Kidz Breakfast I would need a month.

You in Toscana now? Make the trip to Firenze, not far if you are driving, Prato is on the same road I think, Livorno is not bad either. Pisa, of course, although the famous falling over thing is not that spectacular when you see it. Drink a good Montepulciano for me too, one wine I prefer to just about all French wines.

Just read another article about this and it’s accompanied by a photo of the proprietor of the café. He is wearing a buffoon’s grin and has made a statement that they don’t serve tea or coffee with the breakfast as caffeine is “bad for you”.

Think it may be his attempt at humour, but you only have to take one look at him to see he is one cell short of a full spreadsheet.

I do like a fry, but one, once in a blue moon and certainly not 6 in a row as this one appears to be. Who could eat that much food in one sitting. its gross.

Yeurch.