Kindle sharing?

@Jane_Williamson : Did you see this one in today on the Daily Deals? I know you are a Kindle fan.

1 Like

Thanks, but I am not a Michael Connelly fan.
I got two booksntoday.

This is a good site: https://www.bookbub.com/ - showswgat’son offer

Does anyone know is there anything that will play (read aloud) a Kindle book you’ve got already ? Or is the only way, to buy the Audible version as well?

Bocuse - the famous French culinary reference / technique book - is available on Amazon.co.uk today, only, for just £0.99p.

Type B01ELUVUHG to search it.

This is a work the French will never discount to this extent - part of French culinary heritage. Heathen Anglos are perhaps less of a risk to discount to, as many won’t recognise it for the famous work it is :slight_smile:

@DrMarkH ?

1 Like

Still have a lot of books from that era - Bocuse, Nico Ladenis, Antoine Moisimann (my brother worked under him at the Dorchester), but in the late Eighties discovered Alice Waters Chez Panisse followed by the Zumi Cafe and have been in that sort of sunnier mode ever since, Still buy the occasional cook book, but find the NY Times Cookery pages and Marmiton more useful.

But don’t have a Kindle and doubt my wife would want me splashing food on hers…

I just discovered this morning a way to do this and remembered your query.
Download the Alexa app.
On home screen, on top row, select “Music and more
You will see a list of music categories depending on what you listen to.
Scroll down to “Kindle Library” and select the book you want to listen to.
You will see a list of available output sources.
Select one - I choose “home cinema” because that is how I have set up my echo dots but there is always the option to choose “this device”.
I have only just discovered this so am not sure how good it is. It sounds like a machine translation version rather than someone actually reading and recording it (as you seem to get on Amazon Audible) but at least it is free.
Would be interested to know if this helps

EDIT
If you have Amazon smart speakers you can just say “Alexa, play The Resurrection Walk in Kindle Books” and off you go. Just like a normal Kindle Book it continues from where you last read to or listened to. How cool is that?
I bought that book for 99p by the way after seeing your recommendation.

1 Like

Heh heh Mik I will give this a try.

My “find” this morning is changing from “that’s clever” to “wow, look what I can do now”.

I recently had hearing aids supplied. Because my arthritic fingers can’t cope with handling microscopic batteries, I opted for rechargeable ones which came with the added bonus of a Bluetooth connection.

I then bought a tiny smartphone that slips into my shirt pocket (Jelly 2 E) and now I am permanently connected to the mediaverse. I can have any book read to me whilst I am driving, gardening or just pottering in the workshop.

Thanks for the inspiration.

1 Like