Kitchen suppliers

No problem, Stella. I’ve left him a message and he should get back to me soon. Alan does a lot of work for “upmarket” clients and I’ve no doubt he’s registered to do this. He and his wife also run the L’Atelier antique/furniture shop in Aubeterre-sur-Dronne.

Cheers

Alastair

1 Like

We found Cuisinella to be very good and used them twice - for our gite and for our own kitchen. With the gite we were looking for a budget option and they were really helpful in working out with us on the computer what would offer the best value for money.
For our own kitchen we went for glossy doors. Never again! They show every finger mark. So I suggest unless you are an obsessive, constant cleaner my recommendation is avoid high gloss, however good it looks in the showroom.

I spoke to Alan Jones today and he confirmed that he is properly registered. He’s happy to provide the details to anyone who contacts him.

I’ve used Socooc, which used to be Hygena for three French properties and each time they have been excellent.

Al… it would be useful to have his details here on the Forum. This is where people look and if the information is available - this Forum is where he may well get some customers.

However, the company name and siret/siren should be readily available. :thinking:

I would reckon he advertises somewhere, so he surely is not shy ???:roll_eyes::wink:

You could well be right, Stella. However, I’m not in charge of Alan’s marketing strategy. I suspect that, like many people of his generation, he is wary of putting information on the dreaded internet, even if it is available elsewhere. And I’m not about to start telling him how to run his business.

Oh dear Al…

Frankly, I am not comfortable with recommending him in the absence of quite normal information.

Well the siret number of any legitimate business is already online and easily Google able but quite understand your position Al.
I suggest that anyone who wants to employ him or anyone else for that matter, does a quick search. Better safe than sorry!

In that case, I’d be inclined to delete any mention of him. Apologies for causing this issue.

1 Like

Al, I have located an ALUN Jones - is this the gentleman you are talking about?

Alun not Alan ???

That is who I found, he deals in furniture acc to les pages blanches, the telephone isn’t the same though, it is a landline…

He is indeed an Alun and not an Alan. In addition to the furniture store, which his wife staffs, he is registered as an “artisan” in the area of ”fabrication d’autres meubles et industries connexes de l’ameublement". There could be more to his corporate structure but, quite honestly, I don’t have time to look into this any further.

I’m uneasy about discussing a named individual in this way and would appreciate it if a mod would delete my original comment and subsequent responses.

@james

He’s easy to find and has a siret no. If Al doesn’t want to publish his details it shouldn’t be a problem.

Everything is fine, can we just leave it as is. It’s all public info anyway.

2 Likes