La pénurie de moutarde!

Really? I read it no problems but I have some not Google android that I don’t really understand but DH does and installed and seems to make life easier!

No idea how… but seems I’ve reached my limit of free articles… :rofl: :wink: :roll_eyes:

The standard form of the Chicago hot dog is available at stands all over town and binds the city together.pdf (726.9 KB)

Just got some Amazon spam with mustard at an eye-watering price:-

Maille Moutarde Motif imprimé 215 g : Amazon.fr: Epicerie

Last weekend our Dutch mustard runners brought us three jars of the above at €2.90 each!

I didn’t know Amazon shipped spam. Or indeed that it came with mustard. :grinning:

You can get spam and corned beef in Eurasie (and other Asian super/hyper markets too).

1 Like

I have not found a French supermarket that does not sell Corned beef.

There are a few differences between Amazon spam and Spam (an acronym for Special Processed American Meat).

A simple pun is in danger of turning what was a thread on mustard shortages into one on tinned and disgusting, industrially processed meat.

Something similar happened when I posted on England women’s football success - hopefully this one won’t be quite so controversial and I won’t ‘spoilt’ the thread again.

If this Spamwise trend continues, I just hope it will avoid references to Monty Python’s Flying Circus.

1 Like

There was none in Carrefour Aubusson today, mind you there were a lot of other empty spaces too.

Pour changer un peu from The Guardian

I have never noticed it. I might not have noticed it in Eurasie either had I had less trouble steering my 20kg of rice about.

Photo taken this morning in local SM

2 Likes

Isn’t that all mayonnaise?

3 Likes

Maybe that’s the point of the photo? The empty bits are where the mayonnaise with mustard normally would be? :thinking:

2 Likes

I am the proud owner of one jar of Maille mustard purchased earlier this week. It popped up on the Intermarché Drive website. It’s probably disappeared again by now…

Yes your right :joy: I wasn’t wearing my glasses :smiley:

4 Likes

3 euros for mayonnaise? No wonder Unilever is so profitable. The likes in the onsite shop were a frrraction of that. And am sure that was not at a loss.

The mustard shortage seems to be over here. Carrefour yesterday had Maille Originale, Dijon and l’Ancienne. I bought the latter two. Not an exorbitant price either.

Perhaps likewise here in 23300. Six jars of the original and four of the spiced in the basket.

Strange! but congratualtions nevertheless.

I haven’t looked for it for a while becausz we’ve got plenty, but I wonder where it came from? Has there been a new, successful mustard harvest already, or did they bring back from other countries surplus stocks of Maille.

The world’s really far too complicated…