La Poste update – 3 day working week for postal workers from March 30th

Good to see France looking after our postal workers. Understandably there will be more delays.
La poste is under a lot of pressure and strain prioritising all essential deliveries at the moment and I for one appreciate all their hard work and effort.

4 Likes

Sensible, keeps a service going and minimises risk to workers.

1 Like

OMG, another loss. I feel for the postmen though they don’t have to get face to face except for registered stuff. I am fearful for hospital staff worldwide. All overworked and underpaid all around the world and worst in Third World Developing countries. No more post 4 days a week. Just have to live with it. As long as they don’t close internet!!

La Poste’s response to La Peste!
Rarely a hardship to wait an extra day for a letter - or a bill. . . . . .
And, what a relief, no more supermarket flyers to go straight into recycling.

You can always opt for Pas de Pub.

True, but accepting that junk helps to subsidise the postal service.
When we lived in the Champagne region, they all had a short length of plastic drainpipe hung beneath their letterboxes, labelled Publicité. Saved important stuff getting trashed by mistake.

It is useful for lighting the fire!

Alternative to toilet rolls - going to have to learn to be resourceful!

Why don’t you have a pas de pub sticker on your mailbox?

Because La Poste makes money from delivering all that rubbish and we think it is a good thing for commercial enterprises to subsidise the service.
But I have to declare an interest - a family member is a postman.

1 Like

Fairy snuff, good for lighting the fire anyway!

1 Like

Pas de pub - the delivery people can’t even read/

Great idea but don’t think my neighbours would like that at the communal letter box area in our posh block of flats. In UK , my daughter’s very clever postperson just bungs all the nit-wit-lit on top of the letter boxes and the cleaning people just get rid of it once a week. suppose there are a lot of people in the food chain for advertising but it all seems SO wasteful. I want to go back to the days of the Town Crier before people could read!

Problem is that the junk mail helps keep the post office going here, as they get paid to deliver it.

We have not had any junk mail for weeks. Actually did look forward to getting all the brochures, they were quickly expanding my french vocabulary… and helped with planning my shopping.

2 Likes

Same here, no publicité since lockdown, can’t say I miss it though.

Mainly used to light the fire !

Services have become very sketchy. Christmas parcel from Germany there was not even an attempt to deliver before directing it back to Germany. My mom was not well please to have the parcel back, pay 10Euros for the privilege and having to post again at her expense. My Stollen was a bit dry after 2 trips…

Now my birthday parcel has disappeared. Cannot even follow the tracking number as it doesnt seem to exist. Phone calls to germany with the tracking number - provide info that the parcel is in a depot in France and will be delivered shortly… That was a week ago. My local postoffice tells me that DHL is not handled by La Poste - even though DHL is the ‘collissimo’ arm of Deutsche Post.
A DHL parcel from Poland made it to our door within 4 days - delivered by our postie

I don’t know who to contact anymore to find my package…
Any advice please

Our local sorting office (no idea what it’s called in French), which is in the neighbouring town, has quite a posh reception area where you collect stuff from your box there if you don’t have a post box of your own. It also has a big desk where you can pick up parcels and I collected a DHL one there recently. Perhaps it’s worth going to your nearest one of those and asking?

I will try that tomorrow. Know them from paying import duty before getting my parcels from the USA. Thanks Angela