L'Abbaye d'Echourgnac

Anyone been to this Abbey… is it worth a visit ??

Friends are going next week and have asked if I want to go too… :thinking:

We have visited many times, it is always a pleasure. Remember to “Exit Through the Gift Shop” (with thanks to Banksy) and buy the remarkable cheese.

Thank you so much… in that case I will take up the kind offer of a lift… :relaxed:

Well, I went, I saw… and I thoroughly enjoyed the visit… and, yes, I bought some of their famous cheese… delicious.

Now, a year later… and I’m off there again tomorrow… although I shall be the driver this time… so just hoping I don’t get us lost.

sunshine is forecast for the next few days… so … yippee… OH has put the summer-wheels on the car… finally… :hugs:

Oh dearie me… I got lost… left home at 7.15 and got there at 10.15… my pals reckoned I must have gone via Paris and Montpelier… :thinking:

Wonderful sunshine anyway so no problem. Glorious area, thick forest and then open fields…

It only took me 2 hours to get home (via a totally different route)… I think it might be worthwhile to retread my steps that way, next year…

the Trappe cheese is delicious and a wonderful treat. :hugs:

Trappe is excellent cheese I quite agree. Whereabouts do you live Stella?

:wink: Somewhere between Paris and Montpelier…:upside_down_face: or maybe northern Dordogne…

Love Trappe, especially with walnuts.

1 Like