Landscapes

We take a lot of these-probably the second largest subject after people?

Celebrating what a glorious world we live in. Capture now before it’s gone.

Couple of photographers I aspire to-Jonatan Critchley (of Biarritz) www.oceancapture.com and www.gerardlaurenceau.com.
1 Like

Pic two Neil, is an absolute dreamscape, inspiring.

1 Like

I like to call this one "Framed" due to the natural border. I was out trying to take a Macro of the 'Common Adder'. (Didn't get the shot.) Anyway hope I've posted it in the right place.

Could include town or cityscapes as well.

Surreal landscapes in Spain…! Wouldn’t want any of this IMBY…

St Emilion?

Yes. :grin:

Are there many photographers on SF?

Lots :wink:

3 Likes

I’m a very amateur one. The Creative Director (OH) points out the subject to be captured along with angle/framing advice and I point my camera at it, take a guess at exposure/shutter speed etc. and press the little black button.

OH and Panasonic do the hard work and I’m just a beer and cheese powered bipedal camera mount.

1 Like

OK then. Here’s one from our trip in February, where we didn’t manage to get out much.

Lac des Settons-4 by Anton Ertl, on Flickr

1 Like

Not a pro, but a keen amateur.

3 Likes

Me too.

2 Likes

I love walking through the stunning landscapes of the Aveyron, but seldom photograph them, because I prefer making photos that are unexpected. The one below is of Workington, which vies with Barrow in Furness for the title of the ugliest, most depressing town in Cumbria. The photo’s title is Workington, a Mountain Farm and the print is 24" wide.

2 Likes

Not to far from me. Many others in the region to discover

1 Like

Just a hobby for me, have had some photos published locally and nationally when working with my Nikon F3. Lost interest for many years, just treated myself to a D500.

The D500 is a great camera, and really good for wildlife, with a fast AF system and the crop factor to make the most of a longer lens.

We only had a single free day to explore, and the weather wasn’t kind. hopefully things will be better in a few weeks.

Apart from the ruggedness, that tipped the balance when choosing. Long lens I have a 200 - 500 and with the crop factor 1.5 gives total 750mm at 500mm. Now I just have to find the time to observe, set up a few hides… Finding time, that’s another thing…

2 Likes

We used to see kingfishers occasionally here 30 years ago, but not any more. On our October trip I saw some on 2 occasions - if you’re a birder then France looks to be pretty good.

I do landscape, street, occasionally portraits and a bit of travel. I don’t have the patience & dedication for wildlife, nor the long lenses. :slight_smile:

That F3 was a great bit of kit - hope you still have it. I kept most of my film era stuff: Minolta 7000, Bronica ETR, and picked up a Nikon F301 along the way.