Latest Cancellation from the UK, and other countries

Here it is.
https://www.auvergnevolcansancy.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/v2-Projet-BP-Locations-saisonnières-et-CH-ADN-Tourisme-20-05-2020-1.pdf

Profit trumps health and safety Jane which is why we want out.

Our gite is not our main source of our income, but it certainly helps, so we shall wait and see.
Perhaps we can try extending our season next year so that we can leave a week between bookings.
I hope it all works out for you Tim.

Thanks Jane, we are writing to all our rental clients this week informing them that should CV still be an issue next year (which is very likely) we will only consider doing changeovers if there is a week’s gap between bookings. We thought we’d give them all plenty of notice to find someone else if they were unhappy with that which is highly likely as without exception they have already got confirmed bookings for 2021.

We have had a goodly number of enquiries from a website which has not previously been providing many guests. We think that this is because it doesn’t give us the opportunity to say we are closed and that makes me think that people are finding it hard to find places to stay.

I’m certain Jane - from the mayhem of yesterday afternoon and evening and the wording of their requests to book I’m sure people couldn’t believe their luck that they’d (seemingly) found a gite that’s available at the last minute.

1 Like

On Friday we had people wanting to book for Saturday… I guess they just don’t look at the availability calendar!

But the most important thing is that we’ve booked a gîte for ourselves for our own holiday down in the Herault at the end of the season…:slightly_smiling_face:. I will be taking my disinfectant spray with us.

1 Like

We are staying here.

We have put that on our own website, but do they bother to look?

I know it’s Barbara’s quote… but I reckon it can be applied to so many …

Good luck to you all in these difficult times… :hugs:

1 Like

We have just had a chap on a bike ride into the courtyard asking if our gite is open.
Unfortunately note, he is now riding to Paray-le-Monial via the back roads with a storm brewing.

no room at the inn eh? did he have his carpentry tool with him? :grin:

One of our rental clients has been inundated with enquiries from large groups of young French guests (more than 10) for next month but has turned them all down as he doesn’t want his house trashed as has happened previously.

1 Like

We’re now full until late September, and currently running at about 4 additional enquiries for every week over the rest of the summer.

Was his pregnant wife following along on a donkey - carrying their child “Brian”?

3 Likes

we had a family walk through the village yesterday…

Mum and young son walking ahead… Dad and a well-laden donkey bringing up the rear.

Really regretted not having my camera over my shoulder…

He was on a bike not leading a donkey.

Our German guests left this morning, instead of tomorrow, as worried that the whole of France will be deemed a risk area by German authorities and they will be required to quarantine (at present only Paris and Provence/Côte d’Azur). Apparently if Germans apply this it is instantaneous, so with numbers in France yesterday they think it might get triggered tonight.

A bugger as our next booking is a 3 week booking from a lovely German couple…and a bit last minute to be able to refill with French people.

Our family set off for Munich this morning too, instead of tomorrow.
As usual provided with egg mayonnaise and crispy bacon baguettes.

4 Likes

We had friends due to arrive in October from the UK. Deeply relieved to learn that Easyjet has cancelled their flight. We would have accepted their presence here - they are very close friends - but now just very glad we don’t have to. He is a (very fit) 80+ year-old and we just don’t think flying in and out of Bordeaux is a good idea.

2 Likes