Latest Phone Numbers of Scammers?

I’ll go first… just found an sms on my mobile from the number below…
seems my Netflix payment has been refused :rofl: :rofl: and they need me to contact them in order to confirm my payment details… :rofl: :rofl:

It’s a scam… according Google, the telephone number is registered as a scam number… and (as you might have guessed) I don’t have Netflix…

Does anyone else know a scam telephone number… let’s have 'em here, so none of us get caught out…

I do have Netflix and get them on a daily basis. I simply ignore them, partly as I know they are scams but also because, altthough I like having Netflix available, if they weren’t scams it wouldn’t be the end of the world if they cancelled it. :rofl:

Are your messages from the same telephone number as I have shown ??? @David_Spardo

My mobile phone doesn’t show incoming callers’ numbers… but it does with sms which hit the Inbox and wait for me to look at 'em…

anyone identifying these spam numbers can possibly help the rest of us…

Sorry Stella, I don’t know because I don’t pay any attention. The majority are email spams rather than phone calls perhaps because I ignore the landline as well.

Fair enough @David_Spardo you can relax… sounds like this thread needn’t concern you…

I’ve never had a genuine call from any 097 number.

Answering them always resulted in a click and then a sales person coming on the line.

I let the answer phone deal with the call and then manually block the number later.

I got a series of calls on my landline and finally answered one of them and it was purporting to be from EDF. When I asked them to repeat and said I was hard of hearing, they rang off. I think that might be an indication of Spam? :rofl:

1 Like

Am I the only person getting spam sms on my mobile… ???
ah well… off to package up the latest chocolate treats for a neighbour… I’ve had to taste them to make sure they’re alright… :rofl:

2 Likes

I rarely get spam on my mobile. Lots of it on my landline though, possibly because more people know my landline number than my mobile one. We live in an area of very poor mobile signal and people (like hospitals) who insist on using the mobile number drive me nuts…

No, I get the “custom charges to pay” one regularly.

95% of them come via email.

Apparently there is an absolute mountain of packages somewhere that I’ve forgotten I’ve ordered and need to have the delivery “confirmed” by just clicking a particular link…

I only get 2 on my mobile, one is some clothing manufacturer and the other I can’t remember. Both get deleted without reading as they arrive.

More like because orange have sold the landline number.

Why would they do that? Don’t they make enough money out of me?

Actually, in the caseof the pseudo EDF calls, I think it may well be EDF that passed it on :thinking:

You’re probably wasting your time keeping a note of numbers to be brutally honest…
Many of the “professional” spam call centres have infinite banks of numbers they have access to electronically and can change them at will :wink:

3 Likes

fair enough… I was so amazed to get one with the phone number clearly visible… that I though others might too… and that it might be useful… but obviously not… perhaps I’ve just got a touch of sun today (instead of the usual frostbite…)

I’d much rather talk “chocolate”… so I’ll close the thread… if I can find out how to do that… @billybutcher

Agree, I block the numbers that scam call in my phone and have a very long list - and it shows that none of these have ever called again.

1 Like

I’m not sure you can if there are other posts beneath the OP.
I think the best that can be done (usually preferred by @cat ) is to unlist the topic.

1 Like

Yep… I meant “solved” or whatever… to stop folk getting miffed… or find I’m wasting their time…

There are only a few categories where you can mark the topic as solved. “ask anything” is one of them IIRC.
Perhaps change the category accordingly if that’s what you’d prefer?