Latest rules for visitors to France?

It is worth bearing in mind that the Day 2 test must be completed by the end of day 2 and can therefore be done as soon as you land at the airport at the in-house testing centres or as soon as you arrive at your accommodation - you do not need to wait until the end of day 2.

My wife and my parents both used Testing For All and found them to be efficient and on time (and better than the testing provider my daughter used) :
https://www.testingforall.org/.

Yep thats what I read in several places on gov sites and others

Name and shame?
I have been down the list via trust pilot and some state horrendous service. Also tempted to contact ASA as they quote what they do not have.

But thatā€™s for travel to England not the Day 2 testing requirements after you arrive Billy.

Ah, yeah if weā€™re talking abut the day 2 test it has to be PCR.

Just listening to Prof Tim Spectorā€™s podcast. Only 5% of the submitted PCR tests are looked at 95% go unchecked. Whoā€™s making the money from yet another government farce.

3 Likes

but who will hold them to account?

My OH ordered 2 tests for me, from Testingforall, when I went to UK.
DPD fucked up delivery, delivering to the farm shop next door.
They told me my tests would come back out the next day.
I ended up getting a free NHS test in a car park in Okehampton.
Said test wouldnā€™t normally be validā€¦presumably because itā€™s free, & not supplied by one of Bojoā€™s preferred shysters.
I travelled back to France on the strength of my free NHS testā€¦
If people canā€™t yet see through this shower of shit that claims to govern the UK, then frankly, IMO, the UK is fucked with 3 fā€™s.

9 Likes

You seem to be sitting on the fence with the abilities of the current UK govt!

5 Likes

yes @Codfanglers donā€™t hold back, tell us like it really is for you :wink: :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Iā€™m glad to see you back safe and soundā€¦ hope you had a fabulous visit.

1 Like

The Day 2 testing requirement is nothing more than a ā€˜box tickingā€™ exercise and a money making racket for both the government and the test provider, itā€™s going to cost us around Ā£120 for two tests but if they donā€™t arrive then thereā€™s nothing more we need to do, crazy.

3 Likes

I did find some postal ones cheaper than that. Personally I will now go with a cheap one, if the test doesnā€™t turn up do as Bob did, just as long as you have a booking ref should be ok.

Expert Medical, Random, Prenetics amongst the cheapest Day 2 according to reports. Also saw Living Care mentioned once with a particularly low price

1 Like

I did Stella, thank you :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m sorry Mat
The clearer my views, the worse my language becomes.
:joy:

1 Like

Expert medical Ā£28
Randox Ā£89
Prenetics Ā£79
Living care Ā£98

No prizes for who weā€™ll use.

Randox is Ā£43 (with discount code) for a single test at home kit.

Anyone used Expert Medical - any good?

Who cares they are cheap, if they mess up I will still have the booking code and if necessary, as Bob did I would end up using the NHS

1 Like

Do you not have to use a company on the government approved list?