Latest rules for visitors to France?

Find a test provider

You can compare and choose a test provider based on cost and whether they are available in your region.

The government does not endorse or recommend any specific test provider - you should do your own research about them and their terms and conditions.

You do but Expert Medicals is on the list.

Interestingly it is not actually the cheapest self swab at home test and, as @corona says - if the code works to get you into the UK…

My post is taken from the gov sote

Who is?

123 Covid Labs at £20 (unverified).

But their Trustpilot reviews (as 123tests.co.uk) are terrible.

Started looking at rules for travel to the UK today. Apologies if this has been mentioned before… It really is true to this (insert word of choice here) government’s form that if you stay for less than two days you still have to pay for the day 2 test but don’t need to take it!!!

I’d say avoid - their web site starts

The word “from” is doing heavy lifting.

If I add a day 2 test this is what the cart shows

Suddenly £20 has become £89 which seems pretty scammy to me.

2 Likes

Not that I have a need but these people advertise heavily on ClassicFM

Not suitable for travel, surely.

1 Like

Found so many doing the same as you work your way through the list. I think I may call the advertising standards authority
Lowest genuine so far is £28 as already mentioned with expert medical, dont care if they are crap so long as I get a code. Did care but if only 5% are being checked I now dont

1 Like

When the TPPE offering says “This test kit is for professional use only” how does that work?
If you have a friend or relative who is a nurse, let’s say, would that count as “professional use”?
It all seems a bit of mucking fuddle to all intents and purposes :roll_eyes:
Thank heavens for the sanity of France :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s for employers who want to screen their employees.

but is that not one of the same in requirements for travel?
Gawd, what a mess…
I really do feel for those who have to travel…
like the poor chap who had visited his ill parents in India and was forced to stay in a so called “posh” London Hotel which he described as a prison where he was fed halal meat products against his religious beliefs - and had to pay dearly for the privilege and is now suing HMG over the debacle!

Also check Ryanair, Easyjet, British Airways sites as there are usually discount codes for these. Use able by whoever ahem.

Some other airlines also plus moneysavingexpert dot com updated their section on Covid testing yesterday (they don’t always have all the deals though).

The names I gave above are off a site I’m involved with daily that keeps a very close eye on test availability and results. None of them do the bait and switch you’re mentioning.

If someone’s time is more valuable to them than money, Collinson will give you the Day 0-2 test as soon as you land in UK at quite a few of the major UK airports. IIRC you are looking at £60 or a bit more but there are airline codes also available for Collinson. Collinson runs a lot of airport services including Priority Pass Lounges so this is a natural progression for them. Feedback on quality of their service is good.

1 Like

Thank you, I will check via Eurotunnel but as in most referrals the more hands they pass through the higher the customer pays

Hi @Jacqueline_Ann_Edgin - very sure you have had lots of advice so far, however I can confirm in simple terms;
Get a PCR test done 72 hours before departure- I used Boots Pharmacy- easy to book online about £75 but prices coming down all the time. There are are always “cheaper” options, but I like the confidence of using Boots Brand. Results arrive by email in less than 24 hours. Print, take with you to port.
For going back, make an appointment at the local French Pharmacy for an Anti-Gen test day before travel. Results ready in 10 to 20 minutes and you can add the results into the TousAntiCovid App which you also need to use to visit any restaurant or public area. App is great, easy to use and you can add your NHS proof of double vaccination to this App. Customs like this method of proof in my opinion.
You also need to book a “Day2” Covid test. Cheapest online that actually works (courtesy of Martin Lewis Website) is £40 each from North West Pharmacy. Very easy, but you need this proof of purchase in order to complete the Government PASSENGER LOCATION FORM. Very important to have this when you arrive at Customs to get home.

Only required for non 2x vaccinated so probably the 13 year old.

I searched many of these £20 day 2 test sites, and find to take advantage of the £20 deal, you could only book 3 to months months ahead. Not suitable if your travelling in a few days.
£40 was the cheapest I found that actually worked and gave me a “reference “ number to fill in on the government site for Passenger Location Form which is what you need to visit the UK from France.
You don’t need to actually take the Day 2 test when you get to UK, this is not checked, monitored or in anyway relevant to anybody except yourself.

Reference please? As you could be fined up to £2000 for failing to test.