Lawn mower recommendations please

Fair comment!

I got one of these, or very similar anyway, it’s ace!

2 Likes

Blimey, 800€ for a mower to cut 250 sq metres, and someone who paid ninety quid to get a chainsaw serviced and didn’t even get a new chain.

Do you normally get a new chain with a service?!

To be honest I’m not sure on the chain, it was a service that my Dad arranged as a gift. Having unwrapped the saw a few weeks ago for the first time since the service it did look like new but I can’t be sure. I do know that it’s razor sharp.
Anyway, the point I was trying to make at the time was that a service (with/without a new chain) is the same cost as a whole new electric chainsaw (motor, guide etc) - where is the incentive to maintain, let alone repair or re-use?
I recently took a pair of Clarks shoes to be re-soled and guess what, the re-heel and re-sole cost as much as it did to buy the shoes in the first place! It’s only worth it because they are a) very comfortable and b) I particularly like the leather on the uppers.

What Trevor has raised is a very valid point that Mark Rimmer has also spotted,

the high labour costs in Southern England (required by the housing costs) mean that even if you think you have a good salary, the higher housing costs and servicing costs (anything you spend that has a labour cost) mean you are churning money very quickly just to stand still.
Could be why I want to get to France ASAP!!!

1 Like

i have petrol Webb , 200Euro online last year, does not cut too short so depends what you need the lawn for, if you wan to play cricket or bowls then not for you, the lowest cut is about 12.5 mm, not cutting short keeps the grass greener and protects fro summer sun

Hello norman4uk… and welcome to the Forum…

Please will you amend your Registration to show your Full Name as per our T&C’s

If you are not sure how to do that, simply put your Full Name here and I will amend it for you.
cheers

1 Like

Norman Hall

1 Like