Le Budget 2024

In case you blinked and missed it…

2 Likes

Hum.

“un administré, dont les revenus augmentent comme l’inflation”… really? Are salaries of fonctionnaires inflation proofed, in France? whereas non-State employees’ salaries are not? If so, I am wondering about the burden of taxation for this given presumably all employees, self-employed etc, must contribute, but the inflation protection is not universal.

Wondering which “international sports organisation” is so lucky as to have such an offer. Formula One, could one hope? to support the French car industry :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting @Stella . I did the quick translation thing and -

I see the bands increase with inflation - I wonder what date is used - it’s quoted at estimated 4.2% November later in the article.

@KarenLot interesting point about non-state workers supporting state worker rises - is this is kind of the reverse of the UK?! I’m thinking city wages up approx 9%, other private up 8% and public sector 5-7% …

And so many UK people are suffering from the fiscal drag on non-indexation of Uk bands - especially at the 20% starter rate - compared to France’s 11%

I also saw the 71% furnished tourism rental rebate reduced to 50% in ‘tense’ areas - and also (translated) -

The abatement will be aligned with that of unclassified furnished apartments: 50% (up to €77,700). In non-tense areas, on the other hand, the reduction of classified furnished apartments will remain at 71%, with a revenue threshold reduced to €50,000, "says Bercy.

That may affect quite a few forumites who are renting France properties?