Le concert de Paris 2022

I’m finally catching up with my favourite stuff… perhaps some of you have already watched this…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDYEihanFNM

I’m leaving it playing, while I do some paperwork…

2 Likes

Thanks Stella… I was going to look for this on YT… you saved me the job. Now downloaded…

1 Like

We watch it every year. But we do find Stéphane Bern, in his clown shoes, extremely annoying ! We turn the sound down when he’s speaking, which calls for some remote control gymnastics so as not to miss the start of each ‘act’. You can see that the conductor also has to watch for the end of SB’s endless spiel before he can raise his baton. What a pain, given that simple captions also come up on the screen.
But we did enjoy the music this year… especially bass baritone Erwin Schrott, the incredible violin virtuoso Leonidas Kavakos and the young pianist Alice Sara Ott. Not forgetting the fireworks afterwards.

Me too… thought he was just great.

Re “the clown”… he’s like Marmite… love him or hate him… :wink:

1 Like

Last years concert was quite amusing (to us). There were quite a few occasions where the band struck up whilst Bern was still speaking, drowning him out :grin:
He does seem to like the sound of his own voice…

1 Like

He started in 2013… with the very first concert… and I suspect that many would not consider it quite the same without him… (again, like marmite…)

I don’t like Marmite either !

1 Like

Nor me :face_vomiting::nauseated_face:

1 Like