Le welsh... heart attack on a plate

This looks lovely… perhaps a little less cheese :open_mouth:

1 Like

Oh I could gobble all that up quite easily, maybe with a spurt of ketchup on the chips though ! :hugs:

1 Like

As I live in Picardy and my wife is from Pas de Calais not very far, I usually eat this during my bicycle rides and when visiting my step family. Lots of energy on the bike !

2 Likes

I might have to pop over from the UK and try it. It’s much closer than when I lived in the Yarn.

We came across something similar to this when we were on holiday in the States . I think it was called a horseshoe. It was enormous and filled the entire plate. I think I recall seeing it featured on one of those Man vs Food programmes . I think I passed on it and had something else but my husband had it but couldn’t manage it all. I’m sure the place was called the Ariston Cafe.

Was it this Vanessa ?

1 Like

Lol - though it might as well have been :joy:. Just found the place . It was the Ariston Cafe in Illinois. I collect fridge magnets and have one from it. http://thearistoncafe.com/# The horseshoe they made looked far better than this pic on Wikipedia though just as huge. Horseshoe sandwich - Wikipedia
We did a road trip across the USA from Chicago to LA a few years ago loosely following Route 66 and covering 9 States. It was awesome . We did eat healthier than this most days though .:blush:

Have you ever been to Canada and had their equivalent heart attack on a plate…poutine? You need to take lots of exercise to work that one off.

I would call that a Shire Horse shoe :wink:

1 Like

Lol! Yes that’s a really good description :joy: