Learning from Commercial Art

Mark, no offense taken, although I am wondering quite where the ‘factual errors’ bit came in although I do admit to relying on my own 60+ years doing this stuff internationally. However that is by the by, and so far I would agree with you and others that whatever else I have been trying to do has not been what people are interested in, and again that is fair enough.

So I won’t be persisting in the blog, and certainly won’t be going in for a dedicated website - ‘been there, done that’ as they say.

A definitive year this one as I have taken a few decisions, and this is just one. I have also stopped publishing books on the subject, as i was already doubtful of the subject interest. This has confirmed my view, and I am not one for flogging a dead horse. To be fair to others they didn’t say they would be interested anyway, so as ever I stand (and fall) by my own decision. As that has been my life, I have no problem in admitting being wrong, but also can’t work out why I would want to put myself in that position.

So thanks again for the advice, which although I appreciate was well-intentioned, as have been the other comments, but I really am too old now to do anything other than what I want to do - or not.

So, that’s the end of the Blog folks, see you in other places.

Yes it is, it was at the top of my ‘to see’ list.
I tend to miss the plot when watching Poirot as I’m looking at the surroundings :smile:

Thanks Norman, I’m very glad there’s no hard feelings and apologies for not replying sooner

I think there was a slight misalignment between your good intentions, the nature of the site and its users, but I’m also sorry that my suggestion of a dedicated website didn’t appeal to you.

I hope you’ll excuse my failing to detail the factual errors alluded in my previous reply, but not only is this is a public forum, I’m also neither marking a student’s essay, nor formally challenging another academic.

Best wishes, blog or no blog

Mark