Leaving France - demenagement advice

Hello, I’m new to the site but hoping that I might get some advice on how to empty my French house when the sale goes through … so the questions would be (1) how to sell some things locally (Golfe de St Tropez) (2) how to arrange house clearance for what is left and (3) if I need professional movers to take the rest back to the UK how does that work with quarantine? Thanks for your thoughts!

To sell things use leboncoin, then contact a local company who does “service debarass” or your nearest brocante to get rid of the rest, or Emmaus.

And professional haulage companies are exempt from quarantine.

2 Likes

Yes, that is true, and I saw a ‘wagon and drag’ of a British removal company parked all day outside our local fire station yesterday, with a tranny van dancing attendance.

No idea whether they were loading or unloading, but either way, for someone deep in the sticks where a large vehicle cannot go. Pricy I would think, the small van was British too from the same company, a long journey to come all the way with such a small vehicle just to do some local deliveries.

If it is of any help to Carolyn, the company is ‘Anglo-French’. A bit of googling should find them. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: Here they are: https://www.anglofrenchremovals.co.uk/

Thank you :slight_smile: