Leboncoin help pleaseeee :)

Hello! I hope this is the right place to post this. I’m attempting to post an ad on leboncoin offering my tutoring services. The first time I tried it said it successfully posted but then disappeared. I tried again and it just won’t load the page. I’ve tried restarting my browser, etc, but now it just won’t work at all. Has anyone had any similar issues? Or perhaps they took my ad down and blacklisted me? Lol. I am so confused! Thanks a million for any help anyone can offer. I know leboncoin is like the “craigslist of France,” and I desperately want to get my new tutoring biz off the ground.
Merci beaucoup!

Hi, announcements are normally validated within 24 hrs you should receive an email to click on to confirm. ( check spam folder)

Hello Elizabeth and welcome to the forum.

did you create an account with Leboncoin?

Don’t panic! As Tracey said, you have to wait for it to be approved. If you try to post the same advert again it won’t let you as it’s too similar. You just have to wait until it’s approved, shouldn’t take too long.

2 Likes

Hi! :slight_smile: Thank you so much. I did-I registered my email and everything. I tried reading through their terms and conditions but was struggling with the legalese lol. My French is decent but not that good lol

Ah well. if you did all the right things… just wait and see

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! :slight_smile: Hmmm, I never did get a confirmation. Maybe I’ll try again…

What is your postcode? I could check whether it’s on the site.

2 Likes

OH! That might be it!

Oh thank you! 75010

Thank you :slight_smile:

I’ve found 3 ladies offering English tutoring (adverts placed today) but not one from Elizabeth as yet.

Probably too soon… fingers crossed for tomorrow…

@englishtutor please do let us know if you hear anything from leboncoin…

Assuming you used the name you have registered on this forum, that you advertised under Cours particuliers and that you were advertising English lessons then I can’t find your ad so it hasn’t been approved yet. When did you place it?

Lots of people offering English lessons in Paris. You will need something that makes you stand out from the crowd.

1 Like

Thank you so much for checking! Hm, I’ll try to post again. I have a cute logo made up so hopefully that will help lol!

You get the email when it is validated, it can take up to 24hrs. How long has it been since you sent /placed the advert?

Italki is also a possibility, though they keep 15%