LeBonCoin question about corresponding

Hi, I’m not getting responses to my messages sent to sellers, who’ve posted something (e.g., a place for rent or for sale), on Leboncoin…

I was reading up on previous discussions on SF about Leboncoin, and tried to follow the direction in which someone suggested that one must make sure to click ‘envoyer’. Anyway. Here’s what I’ve done:

1. Click on ‘envoyer un message’ to open up a message box and type in my question (the blue button, below)

2. Type in my message to genoud, in the message box, including my email address for response, then I press ‘envoyer votre message’ (blue button, below)

So… I did all of the correct stuff, I think…

Just wondered if anyone can confirm. If I’ve done it right, then I know that there’s simply been no response, for other reasons than my lack of ability to follow the process for sending a message. :slight_smile:

Cheers.

You’ve pressed all the right buttons. Some people just can’t be arsed to respond, quickly or ever.

1 Like

‘Cultural’ issue - even though emails have been in common use around the world for over 40 years! I think France must be one of the only ‘developed’ countries where fax machines are still in popular use :-:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Our ex - maire proudly showed me her Minitel machine the other day. It still works she said, but not properly anymore!!! She looked a bit shocked when I told her to take it to the dechetterie.

4 Likes

Many people, at least many of those that advertise things that interest me, state that they will only answer the phone. At meal times.
Therenay be a cultural gap we have to step over. Generally I find that the people I am talking to these says are far more personable than when I was in the UK. Generally, computerisation seems an accepted, if not resigned, inconvenience a durect conversation being preferred.
I confess that telephone conversations scare the bejeezus out of me. It is not just the language issue, it certainly does not help though.

1 Like

wish people would make phone calls more. I have it often ill be on messenger or email answering questions that could have been answered in 30 seconds on the phone. My French clients on the other hand always ring me and quite often pop in for a coffee to discuss bookings.

we have become slaves to the machines.