Letter of intent for carte de sejour

@Vero1 oh… I don’t think we are talking about the same services…this is one of the links given, not the one I was thinking of, because its a general, know your rights and ask us everything kind of site…
I had another list with local lawyer peeps.just for me. One phoned me, and kindly chatted for ages.
https://defenseurdesdroits.fr/fr/institution/competences/services-publics
There’s examples of questions, …e.g. at the top of the list is one about little Enzo, waiting n weeks to get his tooth fixed…
Not Brits sold into slavery as comfort women, or anything grand.
This is about advice, I think gratuit, but I didn’t examine it…

Hi all thank you for your replies this was last March when the prefecture stopped taking applications for CDS and was advised to send a letter of intent to be covered when the time comes and it would be on record

1 Like

PS it was for a friend to send

1 Like

Hello David, I don’t understand why you waited over 6 months to ask this question that “Was for a friend to send”" - Sometimes l despair especially as you are a Brit and, like every other Brit Immigrant in France must have been following the ongoing Brexit situation unfolding at a rapid rate and is discussed incessantly on this forum. :astonished::astonished::astonished:

I think that was me,…I found the reference with EU directives… :smiley:

1 Like

That makes sense now! They were presumably simply suggesting that you write a letter saying that you intend to apply for a CdS, and most likely send it by recorded delivery so that it is on record that on that date you were ready to apply.

Shame you left it 6 months! But you can still do so now if you want, and just say that as a current European citizen you wish to apply for a CdS. Not sure it really matters as either you are legally resident or you’re not. And even a no deal Brexit is not going to change that.

I found it useful simply because it enabled me to post something that stopped you being able to monopolise everyone’s time and resources asking endless questions about a problem that doesn’t exist.

Information wise? No, not remotely useful as I already knew the answer. Thank you internet and government websites…

2 Likes

Ah now I see what you were talking about! No not the sort I meant :grin:

1 Like

But the conversation popped up today, 9 hours ago, it is October now… (so why ??).

1 Like

Useful for the confused, anyway!

Hi there, is this what you need perhaps? Just note the reason they want surnames in CAPITALS is to avoid confusion where a first name could also be a surname, like Jean etc

Objet : Demande carte de séjour Citoyen UE/EEE/Suisse

Madame/Monsieur,

De nationalité (précisez), je suis résidente en France depuis le (date)

J’ai l’honneur de vous solliciter ce jour pour la délivrance d’une carte de séjour permanent.

Je me tiens à votre entière disposition pour toutes les informations complémentaires.

Dans l’attente d’une réponse favorable, veuillez recevoir, Madame, Monsieur, l’expression de mes sentiments distingués.

NOM Prénom

Adresse
Code postal – VILLE
Numéro de téléphone
Adresse E-mail

1 Like

Thank you Tish that is what I was looking for

1 Like

I hadn’t realised you just wanted someone to write you a cover letter!

2 Likes

There is a new French government website being constructed for CDS applications. It is currently being tested and should come online on November 1. It’s a case of filling in a form and uploading scans of the necessary documents, followed by a reply from your local prefecture for going into the office for fingerprinting and getting the card

Any advice/recommendations on scanners Chris - we dont have one so will be looking for best price and quality😊

Dan - I have same problem; my scanner/printer is not ‘recognised’ by computer - despite both items being reasonably new.
Apparently, though, your local Mairie should have a scanner, and should be able to help with scanning the documents. At least that’s what I’ve picked up - and hope that it’s true because that’s what I’m going to have to do.
Unless you have a friend with a working scanner…

1 Like

Thanks Anne - Madame Wood rembers us using the scanner in the Mediatheque in the neighbouring village some years ago - unfortunately my brain has lost that ability so we will pop in in the next few days to see if it is still van available service​:relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

My scanner died of a fall so now I take anything that needs scanning to a printer in town, very cheap, very quick, I get a scanned copy sent to my email address and a paper copy as well to post off by snailmail and it costs about 15 cents a page, for the amount of scanning I do it is a good option.

2 Likes

Up and running already.
https://contacts-demarches.interieur.gouv.fr/brexit/brexit-demande-titre-sejour/

1 Like

Thanks Anna