Ok, I have a humdinger of a problem.
I live in Toronto Ontario Canada. my business occasionally takes me to France. I have decided to purchase a motorcycle to keep in Lyon to use when I am there. The motorcycle I am buying is one I found on a website called Auto Scout 24. it is currently registered in Germany. It seems reasonable that there will be hoops that I have to jump through in order to register a German (registered) motorcycle in France, and more hoops yet for me to get it insured. I have many questions.
- how hard/expensive is it to register this bike in France?
- does it have to be insured first?
- There is something called "The International Motor Insurance Card, known as the green card, because it is green in colour, seems simple enough to get if I am bringing a motorcycle from Canada, however it does not seem to apply for a motorcycle purchased in the E.U.
- Can I drive it with my Ontario “M” Class (motorcycle) drivers license? or
- Will I have to get a French Motorcycle License?
- Any other information you can possibly offer would be helpful as I dont even know what I need to be asking.
Thank you in advance for the help.