License exchange

Morning all,
Paul’s license runs out in February. It’s a UK license. Can one exchange UK licenses again or is ANTS still too overwhelmed? Anything that I need to know? All help and advice gratefully received, you all helped no end with the tax return last year, I hope that I can do this with equal success.He is licensed for A,B,BE, B1,C1,C1E,D1,D1E and fklnp. Whatever the last one is…

ANTS is working but slow during the day in working week. Best attempt between 18h and 8.30h. C & D categories will require a medical. If, however you do no longer need them you have submit a letter to renounce.

Several of us have exchanged our about-to-expire licences in the past few months @Soggydoggy and those of us I have talked about it to recently have agreed that the process was very straightforward. The only proviso I would use about the ANTS site is that, in common with a number of government-related sites, it’s best to avoid submitting anything on a Sunday as that seems to be when they do their upgrades/maintenance :smiley:

@Charles_Field is of course quite right about the C&D categories but as Charles says unless Paul wants/needs to drive a lorry or bus a simple letter renouncing the categories will suffice, otherwise a medical is required (I think on an annual basis but I’m not sure). I renounced mine but was pleased to find that I can still drive a minibus (and don’t want to) and more importantly tow a trailer (essential!)

To give enough time for the process to chug through, I suggest he applies now - he is eligible to do so within 6 months of expiry. Any detailed questions about what to fill in on the site, please do ask if anything is unclear…

Update:
I have duly registered with ANTS. Done all the application online, found it very user-friendly. So let’s see what happens next. Super to do with the phone, as I could just photograph and upload. Really good :blush:. Thanks all, I feel sooo accomplished now…