Linky meter - new installation (now resolved)

I’ve already covered this, albeit in French…

There are the EDF Tempo tariffs, which seem a bizarre combination of different charges for different days and/or time slots. Other providers have similar strange tariffs. Not sure if these require a Linky, but not sure how they would be managed without one.

Well, it’s better than giving it away :grin: as the previous owners did. They also had a HCHP tariff, and had a lot of their consumption (hot water, storage heaters) during the night … when there was no solar generated. During the day when there was, they were both at work. Thick as bricks they were.

3 Likes

They definitely pre-date Linky though this page suggests that they need an electronic meter. Presumably it is done using modifications to the heures pleins/creuses signalling but I can’t find any technical details.

Apparently there was a predecessor called les offres EJP (Effacement Jour de Pointe) but I’m pretty sure that must have been pre-2014 because I remember reading about Tempo when we bought the house and were actualy looking at the various EDF tariffs.

Yes, that did worry me a great deal living alone in a 450-year old house that it could ignite and actually some have been found as the cause of fires but relatively few in the great scheme of things. When I had all the electrical stuff fitted in this new house, Enedis were insistent that the wall Linky was going on was double plasterboarded which it was as the electrician confirmed also.

1 Like

Encouraging to hear… certainly new builds - as with ours - gives a greater sense of security.
I think the main difference between our new builds is that our Linky is in a box at the boundary and not in the house. The GTL is in it’s own discrete cupboard where the cable from the boundary box emerges into the building.

I think that it’s the Linky that probably does this, or at least can now. I looked at the various settings in my Linky when we moved here, and as well as HCHP settings, it could be set for I think about 8 different flexible slots, which would accumulate usage individually. Probably ideal for these tariffs.

Edit: Just looked at the page you mentioned. It’s not really 100% clear, but it does say (translated)

• In the case of a house equipped with an electromechanical meter (with a disc that rotates to the rhythm of electricity consumption), the meter must be changed .

I think that the only meter than ENEDIS would fit as a replacment would be a Linky.

They put them in all the new houses on this lotissement probably because it was easier than more boxes in the street and they are read remotely anyway.When I dumped the HC/HC tarif a few weeks ago, all I had to do was after 7am on the date given, press the button on the Linky and count to 10 and let go.They sent an email to confirm I had activated the new tarif at at what time.

1 Like

I think that you are correct - but previously (say, in 2014 when we bought the house) it would have been the “normal” fully electronic meter.

I’d certainly expect the Linky to be able to support existing variable price tariffs such as Tempo or Heures Creuses.

That doesnt seem to be an option if you are the UK, may have to wait until I am in Lyon to download it.

If you are taking a UK phone over I don’t think that will change because of the way roaming data works, you are still “in the UK” as far as geolocation is concerned.

Try googling** for a direct download link

** other search engines are available.

1 Like

Will do thanks

You can do it Corona at least on Android. Those of us with split personalities can have an alter ego in Google whose heart is in a different place, just make sure that’s the personality you are when you need to télécharge. A VPN doesn’t solve your problem but this will. Double speaking to keep it open as I had much pain on many local aps here with no good reason for geoblokking they were doing, so eventually did this and sorted

TL:DR Linky meter accessible after negotiating a maze in the dark.

Finally, after 5 weeks I can access my Linky meter online.
Soregies did not respond to any requests for help. However, much searching revealed that Soregies were ‘in partnership’ with SRD Energie.

On their website, I found a link to create a Linky account. I filled in all the requested details and the next screen informed me that they would send a letter with my user name. How 20th Century!

It arrived after 2 weeks and my user name is a randomish string of upper and lower case letters plus numerals.

I was able to log in and my energy consumption is now viewable. I’m glad to report that the units consumed are exactly in line with my historic consumption, so I don’t anticipate any billing surprises.

I have no idea why Soregies didn’t direct me to SRD in the first place. Baffling…

3 Likes

I’ve been informed by EDF that the number of kilowatts of electricity I used this year in June 2023, is half the number of kilowatts I used in June 2022.

I think this was meant as a form of congratulations.

I’m concerned by not knowing how I managed to use twice the amount of electricity last June when a record 40.6°C was recorded round my way! Year 2022 broke all records in France.

Wouldn’t be the Linky meter would it?