Linky meter

Hi All

We had a Linky fitted about two years ago and at the time I remember the technician saying that as we are in the country the Linky would not provide our electricity consumption direct to our provider ( was SICAE now Oya)

If I understand it correctly the Linky meter sends consumption direct to the provider, by I assume a type of data over electric line.

Does anyone know why Linky wont work for us and if they are making any changes in the future for it to work.

Regards
Nick

I imagine this is something that @Badger may be able to best answer.

I’d call your supplier. You won’t be the only one to have asked them?

They’re talking nonsense. All Linkys are/will communicate - that is their whole point.

Whoever spoke to you may well have said that the local comms weren’t working yet, but ultimately they will do so.

EDIT: Have you actually tried to access the info recently?

2 Likes

You can normally check online with your supplier to see what you have used. Engie always sending me emails regarding my account to keep me informed. I presume most other folks have the same too.

You can create (if not yet done) your account with Enedis online: https://mon-compte.enedis.fr
This will give you all the readings from the Linky every 24 hours.
They also have an app on Android (maybe other OSs as well).

1 Like

Good advice from @crabtree24 but not all energy suppliers manage their Linky meters through Enedis.

For example, my supplier here in 86 (Soregies) uses SRD.

Thanks for the info we will chase our supplier tomorrow.

It is interesting however last quarter our supplier asked for a reading and we did not get around to it so they sent an estimate. Would that have been the case if they can access to our data on Linky?

Rgds Nick

Clearly not. You need to ask questions.

I have come across a Linky that failed - nothing on screen & failing to communicate (although it had been OK previously).

This may be a stupid question, but are you sure you have a Linky?

1 Like

You make a good point…

Three phase version on left, single phase on the right.

It says Linky on the box and is connected to our three phase supply.

Very much a Linky!
Does the screen light up when you press either button?

I notice you have some current clamps on the outgoing supply - do you have solar?

We have had two that failed…although the first sort of melted as faulty installation

Just called Oya and as per the attached Linky advice we are not yet connected to the system they hope to do it sometime this year. As Orange have been saying the same for cable we will not be holding our breath.

Hi Badger

The clamps on the cables are for a OWL consumption system. I installed that to look at our consumption before the Linky was installed. (!!)

We do have solar but I installed it myself, it is a hybrid system ( thermal and 3kW electric) for the pool. Unfortunately the onduleur broke down and I have been trying without any luck to replace the faulty Varistors. I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new onduleur.

Now the question is do I future proof they system and buy a larger onduleur of about 9kw three phase hybrid as I would like to put in another 6kW on a car port.

My big problem is finding unbiased advice on Solar electric so far all the leads I have followed are either scams or very expensive (20k euro plus for 6kW) if anyone knows any good RGE installers in the Tarn area please let me know.