Litter louts

We seem to be remarkably free of litter here on the edge of Gironde. The most likely culprits seem to be the patrons of the Mac Do down in the town. Every year the chasse so loved by our fellow immigrants clears up although the gathering must be small. Regarding truckers; they must have a very small membrum virile to be able to pee in to a bottle. Must be all that sitting down

We have a regular walking route through the vines opposite our house and without fail every single walk I pick up litter, a couple of weeks ago a gang of workers left a trail of rubbish that they had thrown out of their vehicles when they drove off. Another thing that irks me is the plastic sleeves that the young vines grow in, they are just left to rot or if damaged to blow off in the wind which litters the surrounding area.

must be an age thing, but nothing seemed wasted during the war and postwar years; string, rubber bands, paper bags, old newspapers all had extended lives, as they do in hour household today, bits wire, and many thing i think couldl be useful - and i am a non-bricoleur! wood is always handy and non-printed side cereal packets good art surfaces, stiff plastic liners - ideal storage as are ice cream and yoghurt pots; heaps ideas on youtube;
do we need another war to learn,- probaby yes;

thank you lily; just heard th startling news, to me, that the young visiting nurse will remove the staples next thursday! all i want is some painfree sleep; so fingers crossed!

2 Likes

We need Blue Peter making models.

happilly we never had a tv until i started work in 'fifty-five; my imaginary and real world was radio, for which i have always remained grateful ddly in highly visual world; even now i ‘see’ things, designs, shapes, people where others see nothing; a different form of stimulating the imagination i suppose; still a bit of a party trick to ask someone to make a scribble, abd watch as i create a picture from it in a few moments;
doesn’t help in avoiding disasters though!!