Livebox English Interface

Shortly a friend on mine will be changing is ADSL connection to Fibre and has been told that he will need a Livebox, normally on the old ADSL connection we have been using Netgear modems with English interfaces.

We will need to configure the livebox to connect to a DynDNS service and open ports for security cameras and other devices to connect to the internet, does anyone know if its possible to change the interface language to English on the new fibre boxes.

Welcome to the Forum.

Livebox 4?

I have the older Livebox but looking at various images & screen shots online it looks as though there is a language setting on the Advanced Settings page (Parameters Avances).

Not that hard to use it in French though, surely? :slight_smile:

Thanks for that will tell him to look out for that, I am just hoping they have the same Language setting on the newer liveboxes.

The big problem is I am in the UK and will be trying to guide my non techie Friend over the phone, my French goes as far as ordering a beer, and his experience in setting up port forwarding is non existent!

I have certainly changed the interface of my livebox to English, along with setting the WiFi name to something meaningful and the password to something more memorable.

(and before anyone asks I haven’t set the password to be the words “something more memorable”!)

1 Like

“this is not memorable” then? :stuck_out_tongue:

Or qua Joda: “memorable not, is this?”

Ça porte pas un peu de je ne sais quoi?

I suspect these are all generic boxes just badged by the ISPs. I’d say you can change the language no problem Chris.

Thank you for all your responses I will get him to try and find an option to change to English. If anyone does have one of the newest Fibre live boxes it would be great to hear where I can find the setting to change to English.

I have the Livebox 4, and the language setting can be found in Advanced Parameters (probably Paramètres Avancés in French).

1 Like

Thank you will look out for this