Living Alone

I want to say Hello to all the people who are living alone… With us not knowing when this horrible Covid-19 will be cleared, Many of you are alone at home and possibly not being able to go to the shops or leave home so please if you need some company and someone to chat to during the day, you can video call me on Messenger,.I would love that, just don’t feel you need to be indoors alone.
Take care and stay healthy, and don’t forget if you need some company, Call me.:phone::phone::telephone_receiver::telephone_receiver::phone::phone: .

12 Likes

That’s very thoughtful of you

Your welcome Mary, don’t forget just buzz me on Messenger if you want to chat. Okay :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

That’s a very kind offer, Laraine. I too worry about friends who are on their own, especially as in every case it’s because they’ve lost a spouse.

Hi ~Patricia, unfortunately I have just lost my husband he passed away on Thursday 26th and was buried today in my village of Dieulivol. 33580. He was 79 years old and not of the virus, heart and breathing problems. Be safe and take care and video call me anytime. Laraine

2 Likes

Loraine,
Sorry to hear of your great loss, take care of yourself. Nice of you to think of the lonely people out there, they need it. :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Condolences Laraine, it is never a good time but I think these particular circumstances of enforced isolation really don’t help. Bon courage.

2 Likes

Sincere condolences :hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

Laraine,
My sincere condolences on your loss. But what a wonderful compassionate act of kindness for you to reach out to others.
I’m going to follow your example and offer the same. I would be visiting south of my area to take care of new friends dog whilst they went away. So in addition to Laraine’s offer if you would like to see another face, hear another voice, then search for me as Caz jj on fb/ messanger.
And Laraine that offer is for you too. Take care and virtual hugs & bisous!
Caz

2 Likes

That is so sad and it must be extra hard for you to be alone at this time.
But you are not really alone, we are all thinking of you and wishing you well.

2 Likes

Hi Jane, Thank you so much. Please if you want to chat that will be great, Just video call me if you can, I like to put faces to who I am talking with. Be Safe and take care.
Laraine

My sincere condolences for the loss of your husband. You are very kind lady to give more of yourself at this very sad time of life. Bon courage

Dear Laraine - please accept my sincere condolences on your loss. I really appreciate your post on living alone. I live in Sud Vendee, and today the weather is lovely after the nasty cold and very strong winds over the last three days. I am out in the countryside, but really not far from Fontenay le comte, so it’s not too bad. I too am on Messenger, so if you want a nice chat do get in touch when you feel like it. Take care of yourself and keep well

Hi Laraine,
Sorry for a belated response to your thread. Condolences on your loss and thank you for reaching out to people. I hope that you are doing okay.

Hi Anna,
Thank you for this e-mail, I am fine, obviously miss my hubby, but I am coping with it. please feel free to video call me if you can, I prefer that than to text of phone call. You can video me on messenger of skype.
Be safe and be careful. Laraine xx

I’ve just seen this too, and wanted to say how sorry we are too. And thank you again for reaching out to others. Such a kind and compassionate gesture. Thanks again and take care xx

Hi Catherine,
Thank you for your condolences, it was sudden, but that goodness if was not the virus, but his heart.
I love to chat to people and this situation with the virus should bring us ex pats together, as we cant be there in person as friends it is a great time to make new friends and chat on video.
When my husband died it was such a difficult situation with this virus, because I had no one at my house family or friends to have a cuddle and a hug which is needed at such a sad time. even when Mike was buried I was not allowed to visit him at the Funeral Directors to even see him in his coffin, or hold his hand or even place a picture of myself and my son in his coffin, 2 days later he was buried in our local village cemetery , no service, just 5 people allowed to be present, 5 mins silence and his coffin was placed in the grave. That was it… Really sad. However, after this lock down and virus has passed, one of my closest friends will organize a memorial party for Mike.
Anyway thank you all who have been so kind to contact me, please be free to video call me when ever. Be Safe and take care of each other. Laraine

2 Likes