Liz Truss and Big Spreadsheet

Well, it amused me.

4 Likes

Very amusing, and on the button.

And, as ever, John Crace ads to the jollity.

I particularly likeā€¦

1 Like

Many of her defensive accusations apropos the mainstream media are remarkably similar to those of Russell Brand (who was defended by a Telegraph columnist)

Truss is appalling, Brand is utterly ghastly, deeply unattractive in every possible way and so very unfunny.

2 Likes

Appalling v. ghastly is an interesting comparison, but I think weā€™d agree that Truss did more damage to more people.

Differently damaging. I donā€™t think Truss went around raping people.
She is appalling though because she should know better and it is clear sheā€™s an idiot, god knows how she got into Oxford.

No, she just mugged the whole countryā€¦

1 Like

Couldnā€™t agree more. Which is why I find it so extraordinary that either of these people actually got anywhere in this world. What is it that other people see in them? A bit like Savile (and yes, I know itā€™s not the same scale of awfulness), I just find them gross, totally unappealing and would run a mile from them. Some people have very strange tastes (IMHO).

1 Like

I recall sitting, open-mouthed, on the news that Truss was even being seen as a credible candidate for the Tory leadership.

Itā€™s one of those times when you start to question what it is youā€™re missing, that so many could vote her into that role.

On the other hand, itā€™s quite a scary insight into the Tory party membership.

1 Like

Like mother like son. She is as ghastly as he is.

She maybe (if youā€™re thinking Jo Brand), but sheā€™s not his mother

2 Likes

correct I was. She has 2 daughters.

Enjoyed that, although her blind faith in her very limited abilities is worrying. The members wouldnā€™t have her backā€¦ ā€¦would they?

My reaction was the same. I just thought that faced with 2 nontraditional candidates - a female and a highly competent individual of Asian heritage - the Tories voted for ā€˜the lesser evilā€™.

Why was it, that even Sergei Lavrov saw what an idiot this woman was when foreign Secretary, yet the Tories still voted her in as Prime minister. I thought after tanking the UK economy, she would never be seen again. What does that say about the UKā€™s standing in the world? At least in Russia she would have accidentally fallen out of a high rise building window!