Logs - now is the time to order

That is all, approx 95 euros

Wow! Do you have other heating? You must do??? That is amazing!

A couple of small electric radiators.

We are tough! Having lived in a listed (cold) building for the prior 20 years we are used to it being a little nippy.

About 16 degrees is tropical!

Just put another jumper on! (and gloves, and hot water bottles)

1 Like

Ohh you are hard core!!! I dont’ like it much below 18.5c where my thermometer is (to be fair quite near the fire!) , which isn’t to say it is that all over, particularly by my desk which is by 4 French doors - I’ve been sat there in as low as 12c first thing in the morning until the fire gets going!

Which stove do you have and is it cast iron or steel? It seems the heat output varies greatly across makes

We have a Burley Brampton an absolutely stunning stove:

It is linked directly to outside for the air for combustion and therefore doesn’t bring cold air into the room.

Thanks @Mat_Davies . I recall there’s a decent discussion of Burleys on an earlier thread. Wonder if it’s worth importing one as and when I get around to it and whether there’s anyone near enough to NW Lot to install and maintain it

We bought it in France - I was delighted to find a shop just 15 minutes away that was an official stockist.

Think you were lucky pre-Brexit?

There look to still be stockists in France:

Thank you so much @Mat_Davies . At the time of the mention on the other thread I did check for stockists and didn’t find anything relevant. Just tried your search link and it zeroed in on a local enough stockist immediately!!

Thank you

Our beasty is a Supra Classic 152c 15kw and has performed superbly over the last 5 years, forced warm air ducting to 5 rooms and lasts well at night and leaves very little ash.

1 Like

Whoaaaaa!!! I’ve been looking for someone like that. In Herefordshire we used to buy dumpy bags from Ponteilas sawmill, and for £20 a dumpy bag of softwood from a local furniture manufacturers. I’ve so far only found a very lahdidah sawmill who have fine trim from furniture. Not worth the bother. A trailer full cuts down to 0.5 M3. What term am I looking for? How do I locate somewhere like that? The local FB page isn’t that helpful…

Try Le Bon Coin. The French aren’t as into FB (thank god)

They aren’t that much into eBay either! For me, finding these sorts of things are the ad sections of the local paper either physically or on-line. That’s where I found my lovely farmer who delivers every year at a good price…

No I agree! Years ago they were quite into VivaStreet but now everyone seem sto use LBC for everything!

Very nice. Mine is very similar just with another window on the back and it kind of acts as a zone divider.

Ooooh, there are a lot of cowboys on Leboncoin… We have finally found a nice chap, fittingly called M. Dubois… But I am still trying to find my way into the hinterland. There’s a whole world which doesn’t make it on the internet. There sure is in the UK and Germany. Just got to find a way in…

Ask your neighbours where they get their bois chauffage. (Ask more than one so you get a feel for what’ available locally).

I wouldn’t burn soft wood…

3 Likes