London ULEZ - As previously discussed here

2 Likes

It seems that most people who have had the fines cancelled can thank the Guardian for that. I wonder how many of those EU drivers have actually paid up.

The fine ‘collectors’ got people’s addresses - I’ve just had a thought, were people actually getting pursued in the courts in their country’s of residence? E.g. would it be the equivalent of the small claims court in the UK.

Did anyone actually pay the fine, what was to stop them just ignoring it and lett the collection agency spend the money pursuing them abroad?

From my FOI enquiries recently its roughly 75% that pay up and only 25% that argue. In London for various PCN’s. Currently dealing with my local borough with the backing of my MP.

Has anyone on SF, who is a resident in France, driven a clean car into London recently, received a fine notice, and if so, how long did it take to arrive?

I drove a newish car, that I know would be regarded as clean if registered in uk, in mid December and heard anything yet, so maybe sense has prevailed with the cameras recognising the car model against a database…

That’ll be the day, the shear arrogance of those in these offices deciding to give out fines knows no bounds. Even in the absolute loss of their credibilty when they are proven wrong they still do not back down, hence why my MP and I are pushing for the small changes required to actually make these people abide by the rules that they are supposed to.

No way Adam.

A letter for the faultless

(Thanks to Jane Jones whose original post in another thread has hooked me on a viewing loop! :face_with_spiral_eyes:)

1 Like