Look out France

A while ago (and heaven knows I’ve been a bit busy since then), I was posting a few questions about a hypothetical early retiree couple who were thinking of moving to France. Well I am outing myself. Our one way trip is booked for June 29, most of our stuff is already in boxes and I am swinging between excitement and consummate terror. Wish us luck!

2 Likes

Good luck I’m sure you will be very happy

1 Like

You will be fine, have a few weeks as a holiday in your new home when you arrive before even thinking about the difficult stuff.
Bonne courage

1 Like

Good luck Helen, an exciting adventure awaits you, enjoy your new home :slight_smile:

Congratulations… keep calm… all will be well… :relaxed:

Congratulations! No need to panic. Any problems you have you can share on here and we will be happy to advise you.

Best of luck.

Very exciting! Bon courage :blush:

Enjoy Nelli :+1:

What an adventure!!! Good luck and enjoy! Bienvenue a la France!

I’ll never forget the day we moved standing at the back of the ferry watching the UK disappear in the distance - emotional, but I’ve never regretted it.

1 Like

Moving to France was the best thing we have ever done.
Enjoy.

I’ve still got the (non - digital) photos

We have been here 11 years now and no regrets! A very wise move. Enjoy your new adventure . Life begins now.

Congratulations! We did it in December after selling our house in September. It was a huge decision as we had to think firstly about our son who’s 24 and has downs syndrome.
All I can say is it’s the best thing we have ever done. It’s not been a bed of roses but it’s worth it!
Good luck and get ready for a better life. :blush::blush:

1 Like

Bon courage, Helen !

What kind of assistance is available for your son in France Janice ?

Hi Peter

There is a day centre about 20 minutes drive away but he hasn’t had good experiences in Britain with day centre’s.

They also do Direct payments over here but we don’t think this is appropriate at the moment. He used to have this service in the UK and had PA’'s take him bowling etc.

He is quite high functioning and doesn’t need too much assistance.

Thank you for your interest, hope it helps.

Regards

Janice