Look Skywards Spring, Summer, Autumn 2022

Full cloud cover (and storms) here from late evening onwards until about 7am… but friends in Spain were luckier and they sent me a photo to prove it.

and another at 06.39 this morning… still in Spain

1 Like

I shall be howling at the full moon on Wednesday… :wink: :rofl: It’s a family tradition and “has to be done” !!!

Seems that if you miss 13/14th July Super Moon… there’s the last one of the year on 11th August… so don’t be despondent…

The moon last night at 10:50. Taken with an Olympus DSLR with 75-300mm Zuiko zoom at 270mm. I wasn’t expecting it, but I saw a satellite pass over the moon at about 10:34. I didn’t manage any photos of the two together. Confirmed it was the ISS this morning using Stellarium.

8 Likes

look tonight and it should be even bigger… and there are some other bits and bobs passing by, which will need a telescope or similar if you’ve got 'em… tonight’s the night !!!

As long as there is an unexpected gap in the forecast overcast sky!

1 Like

according to Meteo France we’ve full sun until 10pm :rofl: so shouldn’t have any problems…

I was hoping to photograph the moon tonight too, but…. At the moment…

1 Like

for heaven’s sake… get out there and blow and blow… you’ve got a couple of hours to clear that lot… :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve huffed and puffed, but haven’t blown them away :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

You’ve got all night… take heart… it should be cooler… soooon.

Will whoever is huffing and puffing clouds in my direction… please stop !!
Clear blue, boiling skies all day and now black clouds are threatening to ruin tonight… aaargh.

Just watched it come up. Beautiful pinky orange and huge. :slight_smile:
Feel sorry for those who have cloud cover.

1 Like

The FLO Clear Outside app seems to be correct, with 95% cloud cover until after 4:30, so I’ve had to make do with the village 13 July fireworks display offerings and the photos I took of the moon last night

3 Likes

Wow - that’s a cracking photo, Elsie!

2 Likes

This was all I could manage… I’ll try again in the early hours…

A bit th thumbs up :+1::+1: @anon37731102 for Stellarium and FLO clear outside. I use both. Stellarium in particular is stunningly useful. If you want to know what’s (or even was) in the sky at any point, you can’t do better. I use Ekos for mount and CCD control, and it comes with it’s own planetarium, Kstars, but it’s not a patch on Stellarium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jdSnREyPRM

That is not C/2017 K2.

It might be a video of C/2020 F3 (NEOWISE) which was visible to the naked eye in July 2020 Comet NEOWISE - Wikipedia?

A couple of recent real images of C/2017 K2