Looking at the new 'aides' for 2021!

Use the link at the top of this post.

You need a RFR - revenu fiscal de rĂ©fĂ©rence - as all the means tested things are based on that. And this is calculated from your tax return, and you will get it shown in your ‘Avis’ sometime this Autumn. So until you have one I don’t think you can apply. Somewhere I read that new residents are excluded.

Thanks Jane.
I looked a while back at the small print and there was nothing about new residents being excluded but you did need to provide a tax return.

What you’ve kindly explained about RFR and receiving it on the avis after doing a tax return does seem to fit with that; Thank you

As I understand it it’s all based on how much you pay in tax

If anyone’s thinking of having their cave insulated to keep living areas above warm in winter, the insulation blocks are 120cm x 60cm and your cave will need to beams suitable to screw the blocks to.

I had to fit battening to the 200 year old beams in one area of the cave as they were too far apart for the insulation blocks.

No it doesn’t say “be gone new french inhabitants!” But In the small print on the gov’t sites about the levels of household income there is:

“Ces montants sont des “revenus fiscaux de rĂ©fĂ©rence” indiquĂ©s sur votre feuille d’impĂŽts. Pour une demande d’aide dĂ©posĂ©e en 2021, il faut prendre en compte le revenu fiscal de l’annĂ©e 2020.”

Which effectively excludes new residents

Update
I finally
got hold of the guy who is dealing with our ‘dossier’ - he was very apologetic and said he had been away. Hmm.
Anyway, I was asked to email them a floor plan of the house (done this morning) and the next step is that they send someone out to assess what we could do to qualify. The building needs to be made 35% more heat efficient and if so, we get 45% of the cost back.

So now I am attempting to get some quotes from window / heat pump installers (this part is like plaiting sawdust) so that I can then calculate if it is worth our while or if we are better off getting James to do it. James is praying that the latter is not the case

1 Like

Ok we have now been assessed - we do qualify and now I am waiting on quotes from RGE installers. Hoping to get the new poĂȘle in before Christmas
!

3 Likes

You won’t regret the poĂȘle ! After hauling 10 stĂšres of wood back and forth for 3 years, pellets are the best! Also, no good for this year, but look out for early bird offers in June and July at Point Vert. I saved 186€ this year on my two pallets. BioForest are the best according to my excellent plumber. :hugs:

2 Likes

which is what I always end up coming back to, if we are still having to pay 55% we are better off financially doing it ourselves. Dommage :roll_eyes: