Looking for a Channel Swimmer

I am currently writing a history of the lives of Channel Swimmers 1950 to 1960 and I am trying to trace Stuart Swallow who was in 1959 the youngest person, at that time, to swim the English Channel.
Stuart lived in Broadstairs for many years and I have traced him to Cyprus where he lived with his wife Sheila. However I have established that they have now moved to Quillan in the Aude Department of France
If any of the members of this forum know of Stuart or Sheila so that I can increase the small amount of information I hold on Stuart’s swim in the Butlin’s race of 1959 when all I know is that he completed the swim.
Stuart will be about 76 years old now and may well be involved with any ex-pat organisation in the area as he and Sheila spent many years in Cyprus supporting charitable causes.
There is a lot of documentation on the web about how they raised money for a playground at Paphos Hospital which was built entirely by ex-pats.
Obviously a very charitable man whose story could be interesting.

Any info would be good
Thanks
Eddie

1 Like

I thought I had drawn a blank with my request on this forum, until I noticed that there is a member of this forum with the name Sheila Swallow.

Is there anyway of contacting her via this forum?

1 Like

Yes, like this @sheil

I think she will get an email to say she has been mentioned on here and will receive this message.

You can also send her a private message from here :slight_smile: