Looking for a property- Dordogne

Hi all

I just wanted to post a quick message. As stated in a different thread, me and my wife are currently in France searching for our ideal property. Looking for a home in the Dordogne with good business potential as either a chambre d’hotes or a holiday let. We are not scared of a bit of work if property needs it and are keeping our minds open in terms of location and whether it is isolated or in a village location.

Please feel free to get in touch if you are selling. Ideally we would like to buy privately in order to avoid paying commission.

Thanks!

Jamie

Hello Jamie
We are about to market our house & 2 gites well established & successful. We are situated ideally in the golden triangle between Sarlat,Gourdon & Rocamadour. There is a 1 bedroom house & 2 4 bedroom gites Although it can be configured as you wish.We are selling for 395,000 privately saving 23,700 in fees (6%) Please let me know if you want to discuss further.

Best wishes
Bob McNeil

Of course… there will still be the Notaire’s fees that you will have to pay…

However, if you can avoid paying “something” ie Agent’s Fees, that is a definite plus…

The country seems swamped with properties for sale at the moment… and you will probably be spoiled for choice… :thinking::hugs:

Many places can take years to sell… so make sure you choose wisely… this is not like UK…no quick turnaround…

But the length of time a property has remained unsold… is also a good bargaining-chip…for the prospective buyer…

best of luck…

Hi Rob
Could you send details of the property or link
Thanks

Hello Ralph and welcome to the Forum… :hugs::hugs::hugs:

do you have hopes/plans for a future in France… ??? :thinking::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Stella
Yes we are looking to move next year and are either looking for a small gite complex ( or potential complex) or more ideally one nice 3 bedroom house for us ( with barn etc and space for pool) and a couple of smaller houses nearby that we can renovate then rent.

Ralph

Hello Ralph
You can see the 2 four bedroom gites on www.dordogneholiday.co.uk

Hi Robert

Thanks for this. Ideal location, but a bit out of our price range I am afraid. I hope you get yourself a quick sale. The property(s) look beautiful so no doubt you will have lots of interest.

Thanks again.

Jamie

Thanks Stella. You are right, there are a lot of properties out there. It’s just important that we pick the right one!

Hi Robert
looks nice a couple of questions

1. Most important …what is the price?
  2. Details of the house to live in. Including photos
  3. exact location
    Thanks
    Ralph

Hello Ralph,

In answer to your questions.

1 The asking price is 395,000 euros - No Estate agent commission direct sale

2 The house to live in has entrance hall leading to fitted kitchen with range cooker. a door then leads off into lounge diner and there is a further utility room with washer & wc. Stairs lead up to a large bedroom & bathroom with bath,wc & separate shower cubicle. From the lounge / diner double doors open onto a fully tiled indoor / outdoor terrace area with seating & dining facilities. There is a garden area with flower borders & a garden shed & a further sitting area. Steps lead up to a vegetable potager area with raised beds, nursery growing area with potting bench & a further shed.

3 photos attached

Sorry forgot to include exact location - We are in a small hamlet called La Plaine which is near to Fajoles 46300