Looking for advice and recommendations on IP security cameras

You need to check whether the angle of coverage of the lens as different cameras have different coverage from quite narrow to a very wide angle.

With H264 rather than H265 format streams you will have less of a problem with software.

1 Like

I use the app on ios and there is a desktop app for mac, no idea about Windows but I would guess so.

From Reolink below;

The video encapsulation format used by all Reolink cameras is MP4 . So the video’s format we download via Reolink Client or Reolink app is MP4. But when using USB disk to backup videos directly from Reolink NVR, you could choose either H. 264 or MP4 video files.Jan 1, 2022

2 Likes

You should take a look at Blue Iris.
Its an IP camera program with lots of abilities. I use it at 4 locations and love it.
You can use various IP cameras (I probably have 6 different brands on mine) and it has its own motion detection and record. If you are techie it even has AI to differentiate people from animals and such.
I like it because its all run locally so no cloud subscriptions or privacy issues. But you can access it remotely. It has an app as well.

I’m adding an Argus 2E + solar panel (to save having to recharge the battery). They work really well via the app on OS X and iOS. The mp4 videos are stored on a microSD card and can be played back and/or downloaded.

1 Like

Only a matter of time !