Looking for some help

Need recommendations where I can buy bedroom wallpaper…thanks

Saint Maclou, Leroy Merlin, Castorama…they all offer a selection Yvonne.

2 Likes

It’s generally a bit gross though :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I think the word you’re looking for is ‘fugly’ :grin:. Paint the walls!

3 Likes

I think the OP asked for help not opinions…

To be fair, with recommendations they generally go hand in hand. “where can I buy a Renault in Paris?” could be replied to with a garage name, but if that garage is well known for being the worst in the area a “Garage Dodgy sells Renaults… but I probably wouldn’t choose them if I were you as I’ve heard some bad things” (which was all people here were really doing) is likely going to be the most useful, a mix of facts and opinion.

1 Like

Look for brands of wallpaper you like and which are in your budget range, and then search for stockists of that brand perhaps.

You don’t often see huge ranges here, so best to see if you can narrow the field before you make the effort to look at in the flesh.

Or look at one of the online suppliers and order samples, or go to one of their shops. Several available if you search - this is just the first one that came up so not a recommendation, just an idea

1 Like

I disagree. The OP was asking where to buy wallpaper, not what other people think about wallpaper.
The above replies would equate in your example to “I think Renaults are ugly. Buy a Volvo.”
Which is an unhelpful opinion.

Leroy Merlin stock ~Graham and Brown wallpaper, which used to be stocked by B & Q and where I bought the wallpaper for the accent walls in our bedrooms.
If you go to the Leroy Merlin site and enter Graham and Brown papier peint, there is a good selection which is much more to the British taste.
Good hunting.

2 Likes

Gheesh sorry! It would be a pretty boring forum if all anyone did was submit a clinical reply. It was just a bit of tongue in cheek fun of what my personal opinion of

French wallpaper can be like!

5 Likes

Now, now Tory don’t be giving an opinion, it’s not allowed :wink::yum:

2 Likes

Apparently not :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I shall go crawl back under my rock :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Sorry Tory, I take it back. I leapt to the defence of the OP thinking you were having a go at them for wanting to buy wallpaper when actually what I now think you meant was that St Maclou, etc have a poor selection of wallpaper. My apologies. I’ll shut up now :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

That was certainly what I meant !

2 Likes

No worries Nigel! It is so easy with written forum posts to get the wrong end of the stick! It was just a comment on how awful in general French wallpaper is! Wall paper is something the UK does well, I remember arriving from Oz and being gobsmacked by the sheer quantity of it, at that time (the 90s) the quality was approximately what is available now in France :rofl: . In Oz we are much more painters! I’ve never hung any wallpaper of any sort! Although I have a tiny patch of wall above my ensuite toilet that I’d like a pretty plant and bird paper. I found various I really liked on UK ebay but stupidly didn’t order before 31/12!!! I only need may 1.5m2 so was frustrated having to order 10! Now regretting it and thinking I may do something with something out of my fabric stash instead!

2 Likes