Looking for van or camper on Uk plates

A friend of mine is looking for a van or camping car registered in the UK but here in France. Here’s what he’s looking for. This message has been copied and pasted from another site.

I am looking for a new van or camper as have now worn mine out and the poor old girl is on her last legs and will not be passing her next mot.

I am looking for a vehicle which firstly must be british registered and plated and prefably mot’d though will consider one that isnt if it is easy enough to get through one.
Both long wheel base and hightop would be good and something with a 3.5 ton limit. I am currently driving an ldv convoy and want something similar in size.

Anything from a few hundred euros to maybe upto around three and a half to four thousand euros will be considered if it meets my needs,though in the ideal world something with around a 2000 euro value would be the area that suits me most.

After tomorrow morning I shall be mostly in my woods without wifi and a very poor phone reception but can receive text messages,and for as long as the van is still running I will be able to come and check my emails once or twice a week near baud so please expect a delay in my getting back to you via the medium of the internet.

Thanks for taking time to read this and I hope this message finds you well and happy.

Love and light

Jamie xx

I have a camper [part completed project] based on a Vauxhall Movano [Renault Master rebadged] 2.5 CDTi 3.5. Hi roof, LWB [but not the Jumbo with 1.5m rear overhang.] It’s parked up with a pal at Weston super Mare, Somerset. Bristol airport is served by RyanAir and EZjet from numerous european airports. Weston is 20 miles from BRS.

MoT to 16/11/2021. Work to pass this time - new steering rack. New rear brake caliper. New rear brake pads both sides. New wiper blades. £807. No mechanical advisories. Check the MoT and mileage history on GOV.uk/vehicle tax etc website - reg DY04WOJ. Runs like train. 33-38 mpg.

Important equipment fitted - 2 x 100W solar panels [£90 ea]. 2 x 90 AHr service batteries [£85 ea]. Charging controlled by CTEK 250S [£250] . 12v lighting. Axon 12-way mini breaker switch panel

All electrics installed by professional auto electrical engineer. Also the Ebaspacher diesel blown hot air heating [£350] . Multiple layers of insulation throughout. The interior you see in the photo is now panelled with rigid foamed PVC sheet, Class A fireproof, waterproof. The wall cabinet a re also clad in this material - light, strong and fireproof.

2 burner gas hob - never used. Fiamma 70 l water tank - never used. Awning. Two fire extinguishers.

Remote locking w 2 sets keys. 40cm sq roof hatch fwd. 50cm sq roof hatch aft, with clip in 12v fan [suck or blow] [£90 set]

I have an extensive write up and photos prepared, due for posting as a listing on eBay. I can copy this to an email address.

This van had the ideal life for a diesel vehicle prior to being sold by the original owner. For 180,000 miles it trundled the length of the M4 plus a bit 3x p.w. with flowers from New Covent Garden, London, to a flower shop in Newport on the Welsh coast. The service book was fully stamped up and any other work noted as well.

Some years ago I chose this van to keep rather than a Merc 230 SLC Cabriolet. But now it is surplus to requirements and must go. I’m looking for offers on £2650.

Fiamma wter tank gas stove

3 Likes

Cheers I’ll send on the details, you may not get a reply for a while as he’s living in and clearing up his woods with no internet at the mo.