Lynn Michell at Le Bookshop, Montpellier Sat. October 27th 4pm

Author Lynn Michell will be at Le Bookshop, Montpellier Saturday October 27th at 4pm.

Any lover of books who can make it to Montpellier on that Saturday should not miss this. I've know Lynn for a couple of years. She was one of the best speakers at the recent St Clementin Literary Festival.

At Le Bookshop, Montpellier Lynn will be speaking about and discussing her novel White Lies. White Lies is set in Kenya in the 1950s, during the Mau Mau uprisings. Lynn lived there during those times and her memories are very vivid.

Lynn really is an excellent speaker, a top class novelist and should not be missed.

Thanks, I’ll pass this onto, Lynn.

Just a suggestion for next time, but how about posting information like this in the Languedoc forum too? It would increase the viewing audience.

I’m pleased you enjoyed it Sarah. To those who didn’t go, you missed an opportunity. If any of you want Lynn as a speaker for your reading or writing groups then let me know.
Glyn

I went to this, it was very interesting. Shame there were only 4 of us (and I went with my OH), including a woman from the AWG. Lynn is a great speaker and her book sounds fascinating. She read out a couple of excerpts and it was those that prompted me to buy the book. I got one for my mum too.

Le Bookshop is the most wonderful shop too, invitingly laid out and very well chosen stock. When I used to visit my daughter when she was at fac in Monpellier I used to make a point of visiting there each time. Each time I'd walk away with an armful of books.