Macros

Thistle thingy, different view.

Thanks, James. The Dörr flash does a good job (better than Nikon). I want more depth of field, however, and more quality.

Excellent separation Mike, and a nice 'rule of thirds' crop too.

Thought I would put them back by grouping them together. BTW…got the same flash ring as you and checking it out. Think it gives a more balanced light source than my Nikon ring.

That one is the edge of a daffodil by the way. Little bit of PS of course.
Keep putting the shots on. No malice intended from anyone I think.

I was just going to make nice comments. Put them back immediately.

Think you need a rest Michael, I’m a bit yellowed out me self!

Fantastic images chaps!! I particularly like the fungi with the brambles, lovely composition and colour combination.

Nice shots Michael. My favourite is the fungi.

LOL Nathalie kept screaming at me, “It’s right in front of you, how can you miss it” But yes it was quite hard to get.

No sorry, I meant the fourth one down, flight over water.

I’m chuffed with all the comments, thanks James. Do you mean the one laying eggs in the water?

Your getting really good at this Stu, the third one down must have taken some doing.

Thank you Denise.

They weren’t very obedient at all, it took me ages to get these shots in all sorts of weird and wonderful positions. Also, I read a post by Karen the other day about the correct footwear. It was red hot and I was wearing the usual sandals which wasn’t very pleasant, trudging through half water half mud (oh wait, mud is half water). Next time, I’m taking my walking shoes. I must admit though, Damsel flies and Dragon flies are quite accommodating even for a clumsy oaf like me.

I’m such a creep :slight_smile:

another ‘girl’ and some more flattery … I’m in awe !! you obviously have more obedient insects …or ??? I think I’ll give up. Another glass of rose might help … cheers

Sluuuurp??