Make surfing the web in France just that little bit easier with Google Chrome

If like me your French is more effluent than fluent, then those cleaver little devils in Google’s basement labs have developed a browser just for you, Google Chome

Just download and install Google Chrome on Linux, Mac OSX and Windows and it has an automagical translator built in. It is based on the Google translator, but there is no installation or extensions, it is built into the browser.

Any site you visit that is in French ( and many other languages), it will ask you if you want to translate it. You can also tell it to always translate any pages that you visit that are in French.

Now, this is not the universal language translator that we are all waiting for, as some of the translations can be quite comical, but in 95% of the sites I have visited it works very well.

Give it a go, and it could make your French surfing just that bit easier. The other lovely side benefit is that it's massively faster than Internet Explorer 7 & 8 and Safari, and you will really notice the difference.

Hope you find this useful

Nick

PS I help work on the Google Chromium project - the open source version - so if you need any help on installing just drop me a note.