Making tea

Leaving for 5 minutes makes an even better cuppa (I only have one a day first thing). Run out of ginger nuts though :cry::cry:)

I’ll take your word for it! Btw, do you have your Yorkshire teabags flown in?

buy a bag of sugar, a ginger rhizome and some T&L syrup, place the sugar on an oven tray in neat piles, drizzle the syrup overand scrape a bit of the ginger on top, pat into shape, whack it in the oven till golden brown and enjoy…
diabetes on a plate :rofl:

Haha, "normally " stock up on a once a year private jet back to good old Blighty​:sunglasses::sunglasses::wink:. But this virus thing has buggered things up a bit so got an emergency box of Tesco own until someone (local holiday home owners whom I’m forever doing favours for​:thinking::thinking:) brings a couple of boxes over, along with ginger nuts, branston pickle and pot noodles…

OH has just had a PG Tips delivery from Amazon, HP sauce for me. :grinning:

1 Like

Nooooo nothing but just boiled water must touch tea-leaves!

There’s no right or wrong way to make tea, everyone should just make it the way they like it. That’s really all that matters. It’s the same with eggs. There are thousands of videos on YouTube on how to make the perfect fried or scrambled egg but I like them the way I make them. For me, my eggs are the perfect eggs.
Izzy x

1 Like

I make tea in an enamel mug, which absorbs less heat than a China one, fresh boiled water and a pyramid teabag (PG Tips). I let it brew for five minutes for developed flavour and colour, adding a dash of demi-ĂŠcremĂŠ milk. A very refreshing beverage in hot weather.

I have never added sugar. Don’t dunk biscuits either.

I can’t remember when I was introduced to tea bags, but throughout my childhood and into early adult life it was a always one teaspoon per cup and one for the pot.

There were always some tea-leaves at the bottom of a cup. If these were swirled round the cup to form a pattern on the inside up to the rim, some talented amateur sorcerer would be on hand to ‘read’ them and divine the drinker’s future. A great domestic past-time in earlier times.

In hospitals the Ward Teapot dispensed 30 cups without being topped up, and the tea dispensed never went through a strainer. Coffee was never offered or served, but tea was banned after 8 pm and the last ward drink was hot milk or Ovaltine. Sometimes Horlicks. The early NHS was very take-it-or-leave-it, but no-one thought to question it or complain.

The damp tea leaves were spread on the ward floor under the beds to catch bed fluff, which was then swept into pans with a broom. A Nightingale Ward procedure in all 1950s hospitals.

1 Like

I like those one-person cafetières. Good for making tea in too. And for inventing your own fresh concoctions, lemon, lime and ginger for example. Sadly mine broke