Maltese teacup puppy wanted

Between 250 and 300€ usually, and you have to be vetted as suitable dog adopters…

Edit…I just had a quick look, and I want to go get Oscar!! So sad, presumably they got him because Aussies are fashionable without realising their needs.

https://www.la-spa.fr/adopter-animaux?field_esp_ce_value=2&field_race_value=Berger+australien+d'Amerique&_field_localisation=refuge&field_refuge_animal_target_id=All&_field_distance=All&field_departement_refuge_tid=All&field_sexe_value=All&field_taille_value=All&title_1=&field_sauvetage_value=All&_field_age_value=&_field_adresse=

1 Like

I know - not even a year old and already been through numerous families - poor darling! Yes they really are working dogs, they can run all day (we’d be on motorbikes or horses at muster time and they would just run and run and run) and are uber intelligent.

1 Like

We can’t run with ours all day (I wish…) …so he just gets a few hours. But him being intelligent we’ve found that as long as he has mental stimulation that tires him out too. So lots of playing!

2 Likes

How could anyone end up married to someone who doesn’t like dogs lol :grinning:

No but seriously it sounds like you are edging your way towards opening him up to the possibility…maybe forum members could suggest a breed fitting all of the requirements lol :grinning:

I always think it’s harder if you’ve grown up around a certain breed and your pure bred blue cattle dog sounds like he was super special…:heart:

I just searched for an Aussie on one of the notorious uk pet selling sites and there are none showing up on there…several people wanting one and willling to pay 2k for the right one but the only other listing is two crossbreed puppies: Aussie x Husky at £1,200…

The insane prices were in the U.K…I’ve no idea if France experienced the same lockdown insanity…:thinking:

1 Like

Thanks,

Before moving to France I lived in Cumbria for many years and as you might expect, saw a great many working Border Collies and acquired a good stock of BC anecdotes. However, as a BC owner, you might appreciate this the most. Penrith’s now defunct(?) local newspaper used to run a weekly version of the popular ‘Spot the Ball’ competition where a football pitch and an invisible ball were replaced by a scattered group of sheep in an enclosure and an invisible Border Collie.

The competition was called ‘Spot the Dog’.

3 Likes

I have a recollection of that Mark because the relatives (on my dad’s side) farm that we looked after during summer holidays when we were little and which cemented my life long adoration of BCs was in Cumbria on the borders…

My cousin got electrocuted by a hairdryer during one summer holiday there so I remember that…but mostly I remember their Border Collie…the fun in the haystacks with him when his job was done rounding up the herd for milking…mushrooming with him…leaving my wellies at the entrance to the kitchen and just totally enthralled with him…

This is my new one…so far he’s been really gentle with my mom
who is disabled and my grandkids the youngest of which is a year old…on little walks around her neighbourhood she’s beem stopped by people wanting to give him a fuss and take photos…and mistaking him for a husky because of his eyes lol :grinning:

3 Likes

The Westmorland Gazette used to run the Spot the Dog competition. The paper is, I believe, still going - its website is, anyway - but I think the competition ended.

Tnanks - it’s good to know that a local paper is surviving, even if Spot the Dog is sadly no more. However, I think you must be, or have been in the south of present day Cumbria, because I now remember it was the Cumberland & Westmorland Gazette.

A similar refusal to recognise the newly created counties occurred in the Pennine village in which I spent my teens and which was traded by the West Riding to become part of Lancashire. In those days one had to be born in Yorkshire in order to play cricket for YCCC and they continued to apply this rule based on the pre-1975 boundaries.

When I compose trivially pedantic replies like this, I feel as though I’m slipping into my dotage :wink:

2 Likes