March 3rd 2020: Change of driver’s license to French: new process

We’re all different, David. that is something we should all understand… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

You are missing the point Stella. Facebook is just a tool and the driving licence page is excellent. It really is the must visit place for people who are have driving licence issues.
Users control Facebook not the other way around. If you tried to look at my FB page you would only see exactly what I am happy to share with strangers and that is basically nothing beyond a name. I’m quite happy for people to not want to use Facebook but I don’t like people who have never used it making inaccurate judgements.

1 Like

David… I think you are missing the point which I have made…

I’m no5 Stella, I’m responding to an answer. It# a bit like me saying thanks for offering to lend me a bicycle but I’ve heard they are dangerous so no thanks.
I’ve finished now as I’ve expressed my point of view and offered the route to a great site specifically set up several years ago to help people exactly like the OP.

Your posts remind me very much of another D M ( Dan Miller) also from the Charente, who left SF (anonymised) just before you joined. :laughing:

1 Like

I asked the same thing about a month ago…

Mark Robbins](https://www.survivefrance.com/u/Mark_Robbins)Regular

Apr 17

Are you , by any chance, someone that’s recently been banned from here? Or maybe a close relative?
It might be just me, but it seems your timing, attitude and posts are very similar to someone with the same initials who has just been binned.

liked this

David MatthewsCharente

Apr 17

No I’m on Facebook if you want to check up on me, complete with 92 friends.
I’m just surprised that anyone should make such a song and dance about using a smartphone to generate an Attestation. It really is simple.

1 Like

Just a coincidence then?.. :wink: lol

1 Like

I’m me. Send me your email address and I will send you a copy of any proof you want. What is your problem?

1 Like

I don’t have a problem (at least not about you), merely pointing out remarkable similarities.

A while ago, there was also another DM from Aquitaine who also also had remarkably similar posts. Think he might have been suspended or banned too.

I’m waiting for your pm with your email address. I don’t like your tone. I’ve had a quick look for you on Facebook but there are quite a few people with your name in France so I wouldn’t know if one of them is you.

Can you take this squabble offline please, we don’t all need to see it.

1 Like

. I’m quite happy for people to not want to use Facebook but I don’t like people who have never used it making inaccurate judgements

David, while I have never subscribed to Facebook I have tried it, out of curiousity and on that I made my comment. Many years ago I joined Friends Reunited which seemed a gentler way of reconnecting with people :hugs:
Many of my family (all younger ) are on Facebook
and they use it to varying degrees, some very useful and some :crazy_face::wink: Some small charities l follow, now only use Facebook. If they can reach a larger audience that is a positive :+1: thankfully they are open to public view.
I am always grateful for any advice to help make my familys’ life easier in France :pray: I take from it only what I need. I rarely give advice unless I have actually experienced it, but that can differ between departments,as we all know :thinking:
We are all different :hugs::hugs:
Sorry to prattle on, I’m done and I need to hang out the washing :grinning:
SF is enough for me.

3 Likes

You can wait all you want, and i dont do Faissebook.

Hi Kim, its been a while (11 Weeks) since you put me on the right track to exchange my UK licence for a French one and I have just had the okay to send my old UK licence to Nantes. Problem is I am still stuck in Brazil and could be for a few months yet. So I’m wondering if someone has to sign for the new licence when it is sent to my home address?
My mail redirection to Brazil is still running, so if it’s normal mail it should end up here in Brazil, but if its registered mail and there’s no one is there to sign for it, will it be return to Nantes and for how long would they keep it for?
One last question, do you know if I could I contact the people in Nantes and request they send it to my neighbour instead? Its a big ask, I know, but maybe worth a try.
Many thanks.

Mine arrived recently and had to be signed for. But then I had been waiting for over 2.5 years for it! 31 months since I sent the form in to be exact so 11 weeks is a miracle. It took a mere 3months from sending in my licence to receiving the new one.

I have set up a procuration with La Poste so a neighbour can get registered post for me. Might that be possible for you? Tryimg to communicate with Nantes is a bit difficult.

1 Like

Hi Jane. Thanks for the info and suggestion to set up a procuration with La Poste. I’ll give it a try.

Hi Nigel, yes the licence is signed for or some form of nod currently and it will not be redirected to Brazil.

Again you may have a problem with the power of attorney form, this allows them to collect it for you, relatively easy to set up online, but they need to know your licence has been delivered so unless they have access to your post they won’t know if it’s been tried to be delivered.

I believe they will try twice to deliver and then after that it’s returned to ANTS.

Once your application has been processed it’s nothing to do with CERT the actual licence production and post is the responsibility of ANTS.

Have you downloaded the letter to be returned with the licence.

This is the link for La Poste

When I’m away my friend checks the post box every few days if I’m expecting something. Although because she lives in next hamlet most times the postman just tells her I’ve had a registered letter, or gives it straight to her!

It should be no problem to set up Procuration… with your La Poste

A Brit in UK did just that… and I’m trying to remember the details… went something like this…

I think I had to email him a form which he completed (naming me as the “collector” with my address etc) and signed and sent back to me with a copy of his passport…

I then took the paper in to my PO to confirm it would be OK for me to collect when the time came… (she checked the form and may have kept a copy, can’t remember) …

On the day I needed to sign to collect his post , I had the form, but had to run home for my passport… to prove I was the person named on the document… :wink: even though the PO lady had known me for years. “I have to tick the box to say which form of identification has been provided, Stella, and I cannot lie”…'nuff said.

give it a go…

My cousin went on holiday for a month with her neighbours who had a second home in Normandy. They had arranged to have all of their post forwarded for the period. My aunt wrote to her and addressed the letter to the house next door knowing that it would be forwarded to the correct address. She was a bit surprised when the letter arrived in her own post box the next day. That was down to the post person who knew that Lucie N lived at no 21 not no 23 and delivered the letter to the address where they knew she lived.
The best laid plans…

1 Like