Matthew Perry RIP

Matthew Perry has died age 54, far too young for someone who brought such pleasure too so many with Friends, so funny but a troubled soul, may he be at peace now :disappointed:. RIP.

Matthew Perry: Friends TV comedy star dies at 54

1 Like

Yet another sad example of how fame and wealth counts for nothing if any sort of addiction takes hold.

2 Likes

It was very telling watching one of his interviews when he said,

“I didn’t watch the show (Friends) and haven’t watched the show because I could go ‘drinking, opiates, drinking, cocaine,’” Perry said, like I could tell season-by-season how I looked.”

I count my self lucky that I have never drank or done any drugs, as I have seen first hand how they can affect people and how it can affect families as well, it usuall brings out the nasty side in people :confused:

Having just had a course of a tramadol drug to manage pain and the effects on me personally when I stopped taking it after 20 days as I don’t even take doliprane normally much preferring a non medical remedy, you can see how people get hooked on all kinds of things if they are either prescribed or sought after from medication to alcohol to hard drugs just to make them feel better. Thankfully no one close to me or even friends have ever been addicted to anything and I think money and fame has a lot to do with it as well.